“Go for the surf and turf!”
Review of Brasserie Sixty6

Brasserie Sixty6
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie Sixty6 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #308 of 2,888 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$23 - US$46
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A relaxed, intimate restaurant serving diverse international cuisine, Brasserie Sixty6 sits in the heart of Dublin. Simple bistro furnishings and expansive black and white collages fill the smart, understated dining room, and refreshing cocktails and thirst-quenching mocktails are served at the bar. Sourcing from the region's finest fishmongers, butchers, grocers and bakers, the Brasserie Sixty6 menu is headed by a speciality rotisserie selection.
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Staff are very attentive and friendly, and the food was lovely. I ordered the crab as a starter and a salmon as the main. I didn’t enjoy the crab salad as much as the salmon. Person I was dining with ordered the chicken wings and surf and turf and I would recommend this! I had a taste of both and wish I ordered them! Fabulous wine list also. I had a cocktail as a dessert and I think it was called raspberry in London, amazing!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,197)

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Went last Saturday night and had never been before. I was dining with my superwife and two friends one of whom I set up to be celebrating his 60th birthday (he's not 60) Anyway, myself and the wife were into 66 earlier then the other two and the lady on reception was such a pro - really friendly and warm (she'll go far). She agreed to play along with the 60th birthday prank and when Steve (that's his name) and his wife arrived in they were shown to table '60' lol. The restaurant is a very nice warm, trendy & spacious affair and the menu has a really good selection. I went for the crab starter followed by half a chicken ! Wife went for the crab and the seabass (i think) or was it Hake. Anyway everyone ws happy and the staff then surprised Steve with a rendition or Happy Birthday with a plate emblazoned with 'Happy 60th' written on it. Well done 66. Great fun great food and YES we will be back.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

We arrived as a party of three to Brasserie Sixty6 at about five o'clock. "Have you booked?" asked the maitre d'. We hadn't. Oh dear, where was she going to seat us in this (almost empty) restaurant??
Once the inconvenience of our arrival had been dealt with, we settled down to look at the menu. Three menus to be precise. The two adults in the party chose from the €29.99 menu which offered starter, main and either dessert or a cheeky cocktail. Our ten year old didn't have a child's menu to choose from so opted for sausage and chips.
My mushroom soup starter was tasty. The hake main was enjoyable also, if a little salty. I had a berry cocktail rather than a dessert. Very nice. So far, so okay.
As the evening was progressing I had noticed couples being offered tables that would have had them squeezed between other diners. Why???? The place was still not busy. Two couples objected to this senseless seating and were moved to better tables.
Our so-so Brasserie Sixty6 experience was coming to an end. Time to ask for the bill. The waitress (maitre d') who had begrudgingly seated us presented me with the bill. Her smile was still sadly absent. I took out my credit card. We then sat for ten minutes. Was the meal free?? Was the grumpy reception being compensated for by a free dinner?? I doubted it. After the afore mentioned wait of ten minutes, during which I was holding both bill and credit card in my hand for all waiters to behold, we stood up and started putting our coats on. Lo and behold our grumpy waitress appeared. Oh dear. The inconvenience of pesky customers insisting upon paying a bill.
The shame of it is I always tip. Not tonight. I usually recommend a restaurant if the food is tasty. Not tonight.
Nice food can be ruined by grumpy service.
We won't be back.

Prime_Steak_mgt, Manager at Brasserie Sixty6, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Hello Marie, we would like to apologize for your negative experience at Brasserie Sixty6. You can contact us by calling +353 1 4005878 or by email at bookings@brasseriesixty6.com to discuss this problem further, we look forward to speaking with you.
Thank you from our team at Brasserie Sixty6

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Had a great dinner here last Friday. We had a voucher for a three course meal, bottle of wine and a cocktail.
The cocktails were delicious and the wine was great too. We had soup and confit duck to start and rotisserie chicken and a burger for mains. Everything was delicious and cooked to perfection.
We were too full for dessert so we were able to swap it for another cocktail. We left very full of food and drink and very happy.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Had dinner recently with friends. Very enjoyable night, it was very warm but when we mentioned it they turned on a/c for us. We went for the set menu to make the bill easier but I was allowed to upgrade my steak as I prefer a fillet. Everyone was happy with their choices, portion sizes are generous so we were all full so rather than dessert we opted for cocktails. We had great fun with our waiter Dez he also arranged tables for us in fade social so the night continued. Will definitely go back!