“Sushi! Yum!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Korean
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Enjoy sushi and express bento boxes for lunch or dinner, afternoon and evening fine dining, weekend brunch, full bar, amazing cocktails, deadly deejays, disco dancing and private singing, what’s not to love?
Reviewed 29 September 2018

We were at the end of our trip and needed a change of cuisine. We love raw fish and this Japanese restaurant was unique, for Ireland, and fantastic. A lovely afternoon was spent with delicious wines and a bento box. Enjoy! We almost made the mistake to go to a celebrity chef from across the street, but the locals steered us to this restaurant. Very, very good!

Reviewed 2 September 2018

I have been to Ukiyo several times over the past few years and have been very happy with the service & food. However, following last night's experience, I never want to step foot into the restaurant again. Myself & four other friends booked a meal & karaoke for her birthday at 9.15. After waiting twenty five minutes for the table & being told by the security at the door that all karaoke was cancelled due to an unexpected wedding event downstairs,we were sat down. Following some drinks, we waited thirty five minutes for our starters. The food was generally good but once we got our mains, they had forgotten two of the courses for both of my friends. The waiter apologized and offered us a free drink & to take the two courses off the final bill. However, after another forty minutes, he returned to apologize once again and the food would arrive as soon as possible. As it was a birthday, he also offered a free dessert &that the staff would sing happy birthday. This never happened. When the food arrived, it was cold & there was also a hair in the steak dish. We eventually arrived downstairs for karaoke. The room had been recently cleaned from the previous party (a hen group) & smelt of bleach. We were promised two hours of karaoke, only to be told we had to leave earlier due to the nightclub opening upstairs where the restaurant once was earlier that night. I loved this place, I used to go with work & other events but now, I will be recommending to people not to visit again. If I want good food, service & a table when I reserved it, I will look elsewhere to places like Musashi or EatTokyo. Something you should consider when choosing to go here.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Every time I'm in Dublin Ukiyo just gets better and better.. Great food, filling and tasty.. The downstairs bar is also fab, great music and best service you will ever get.. Friendly staff and lovely cocktails.. Thanks Ukiyo

1  Thank naamal19
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Popped in on Saturday night the pope was in town most places where quite
Any I want say what fantastic food and service I had great spot with very friendly and professional front off house team what stood out was they all said hello and smiled
Food was excellent only thing was bite over sauced in the chicken curry
And they serve a child glass of wine and had great coffee
I popped in again on Sunday for a coffee and Wine
Well done all

1  Thank joseph m
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

the artistic feel of the new downstairs bar makes you think you are in a inviting place that is not only cool but somewhere that you can relax and be wellcome.
Good selection of irish spirits and Japanese produce following the style of the restaurant.