“Brilliant Breakfast! ”
Review of Le Petit Breton

Le Petit Breton
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Petit Breton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #690 of 2,928 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Description: The savoury crêpes are made from buckwheat flour (a naturally gluten free product) while the sweet crêpes are made from wheat flour. For authenticity our crêpes are made from flour produced in a Brittany mill, and imported directly. When crêpes were first made in the 15th century in Brittany they were considered peasant food. Over time simple fillings were added and many remain popular today. At Le Petit Breton we’ve kept some of these old favourites such as La Complète (egg, ham and cheese) but have added more contemporary options showcasing the best of Irish produce (see our full menu here). We sincerely hope you enjoy every bite.
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We visited Le Petit Breton as it was close to our apartment! Lovely outside & inside seating offering a range of delicious filled crepes - savoury & sweet!

Table Water was provided as standard & the French blend coffee was one of the nicest I have tasted!

Recommend the Irish Breakfast Crepe & the Croque Monsieur - both a great start to the day!

Service & staff were great! Hopefully we’ll be back when next in Dublin.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

A spotlessly clean restaurant that serves wonderful, fresh food, carefully prepared. If I lived in Dublin I would eat here all the time. Fresh Irish ingredients lovingly pared with exquisite French technique. During a two week trip to Ireland this was our best meal. Also excellent value for money. If you live in Dublin or are just visiting , stop by, you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

It's hard to review a place that does such a vareity of food based on just one visit, but I'll give it a go. I went with my fiancee for breakfast and we exclusively sampled the savoury crepes. The Foristiere and Tinduff crepes were both pretty fantastic. Tinduff was monumentally rich but didn't fall into being unpleasant later on, as some rich dishes can be. Foristiere was earthier and more rounded. I'd certainly head back if I'm in Dublin again and maybe sample their Croque Madame (a favourite dish of mine) or their breakfast crepe that includes black pudding (sounds superb).

The only complaint I'd make is that service was a little difficult to flag down - and I'm generally pretty good at grabbing the attention of wait staff. For people who are a little more timid about making most of the effort to engage, it might have been quite a challenge to get much service.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

And if you are the type of person who likes crepes/pancakes this is the place for you. And the coffee ain't bad either. What can I say three out of 4 of my party had goats cheese crepe with salad, I had 4 cheese crepe and we all followed with cappuchinos, americano's and caramel crepes with fresh cream, mmmmmh.Get to Drumcondra Le Petit Breton ASAP.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We went for coffee and crepes! Everything was delicious especially the crepe with ice cream!!!! The staff was very friendly plus they offered a bowl with water for our dog!!!!!! I will visit again!!!

Date of visit: July 2018