“Nice place to eat”

Price range: US$9 - US$28
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Whether it is our famous seafood, char-grilled steaks, healthy or vegetarian options or our extremely popular brunch with the al fresco dining you are coming for, our locally sourced food is allergen labeled and calorie counted with emphasis on freshness.." Bay Restaurant in Clontarf is Dublin's top restaurant for your health and dietary needs. Our unique menu lists a nutritional guide for every dish; each one made from seasonal, locally sourced produce. Welcome to Bay, Clontarf. Welcome to the fresh sea air which has always inspired our outlook on food. We have been caring about what you eat since 2003. Our food is great-tasting, calorie-counted and caters for all food allergies. So, if you like fantastic food at perfect prices, check out the rest of our website or, better still, come on over to Clontarf and pull up a seat.
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Headed here on a Friday evening for dinner. When we arrived the place was fairly full but we got a seat for two. The atmosphere is good, the place is small but cosy. We were given an appetiser while awaiting our meal which was a nice touch. We found the food tasty, however one of the staff was a little scatty and we were left for a while without a dessert menu. As a result we decided to leave without ordering dessert or tea / coffee as we we short on time. We could count the number of people in the restaurant when we were leaving so the service delay was not due to the place being packed. I will return and give them the benefit of the doubt, as the food was nice.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

We have been going to Bay for years now for breakfast and was so disappointed to see they changed the white bread to sourdough. Sourdough toasted is impossible to eat without feeling like you're going to chip a tooth. I made a point of saying this to the waitress on the day who advised were weren't the only ones who brought it to their attention. I called today to check if they had changed back but unfortunately not. Will not be back. If it ain't broke don't fix it

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I don't usually leave reviews but I went for dinner tonight at the bay and the service was amazing. Our meals were slightly delayed so we were given a complementary appetizer and round of drinks which we thought was very generous. Also, the girls serving us were so lovely. Best service I've had in Dublin for a long time.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

I don't normally write negative reviews because running a business is hard enough without bad remarks, but I felt I had to on this occasion. I brought my family here today and despite booking well in advance we were seated next to the toilets. There was literally a foot between seats and tables so my wife was continuously jostled in her seat with both customers and staff using the toilets. There were a couple of communion celebrations going on so it was full to the rafters. It felt like customer comfort gave way to maximizing every last inch. The service was friendly and we could tell the girls were doing their best although more training on checking on tables to see if they were finished would have been good, we sat for long periods with empty plates and waiting on drinks to arrive, I had to ask several times for items we ordered to be followed up and for items to be removed from the small table.

The facilities were poor, not wheelchair friendly or large human-friendly at that. Two toilets and no baby changing, a woman from the table behind my wife changed a baby's nappy on the floor. It was hot due to the day and amount of people wedged in. It was very expensive, I ordered the 10oz steak at 29 euro and then had to pay another few euro for chips to go with it...really?, were you not making enough on the steak?. our bill came to €126 for two adults and 2 kids under 8. Exceptionally poor value for money.

My kids didn't eat their food, the mini-burger was dried out and the chicken burger was an over spiced chicken breast. I thought the kids menu lacked real choice. A bizarre dry slice of carrot, a dry piece of broccoli and dry mange tout arrangement (one of each) on the kids plates just proved to me that they did not understand what kids want.

The plusses, I ordered a double creme brulee which was lovely, the steak was cooked well, the scenery (once outside) was lovely and the service was friendly.

We did arrive on a busy day but that should never be an excuse for what I felt was a slow, hot, overly expensive and just better than bland experience on our wedding anniversary.

I'm very disappointed and hope the restaurant take this as constructive criticism. I wish you the best regardless. We won't be back don't worry ;)

3  Thank JamesMcAlister72
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We went here for a friends birthday! Food was good and the setting is beautiful on a nice evening!
The prices could be a bit better for the dishes being served but I guess you're paying for the view too!
Staff are great very friendly and helpful. Definitely we'll return!