“Great service ”

Price range: US$9 - US$27
Cuisines: International
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Adding flavour and creativity to the Clontarf restaurant scene since 2003.Enjoy breathtaking sea views & our whole-year-round al fresco dining while having a tasty health-boosting breakfast, quick lunch or relaxing dinner 7 days a week. Bay is also Dublin’s top restaurant for nutritious eating and dietary needs. Our unique menu lists an allergen guide for every dish; each one homemade from scratch, seasonal, and only made from locally sourced produce when possible. So, if you like clean flavorsome food, check out our website or, better still, come on over to Clontarf and pull up a seat..
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I don't usually leave reviews but I went for dinner tonight at the bay and the service was amazing. Our meals were slightly delayed so we were given a complementary appetizer and round of drinks which we thought was very generous. Also, the girls serving us were so lovely. Best service I've had in Dublin for a long time.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

I don't normally write negative reviews because running a business is hard enough without bad remarks, but I felt I had to on this occasion. I brought my family here today and despite booking well in advance we were seated next to the toilets. There was literally a foot between seats and tables so my wife was continuously jostled in her seat with both customers and staff using the toilets. There were a couple of communion celebrations going on so it was full to the rafters. It felt like customer comfort gave way to maximizing every last inch. The service was friendly and we could tell the girls were doing their best although more training on checking on tables to see if they were finished would have been good, we sat for long periods with empty plates and waiting on drinks to arrive, I had to ask several times for items we ordered to be followed up and for items to be removed from the small table.

The facilities were poor, not wheelchair friendly or large human-friendly at that. Two toilets and no baby changing, a woman from the table behind my wife changed a baby's nappy on the floor. It was hot due to the day and amount of people wedged in. It was very expensive, I ordered the 10oz steak at 29 euro and then had to pay another few euro for chips to go with it...really?, were you not making enough on the steak?. our bill came to €126 for two adults and 2 kids under 8. Exceptionally poor value for money.

My kids didn't eat their food, the mini-burger was dried out and the chicken burger was an over spiced chicken breast. I thought the kids menu lacked real choice. A bizarre dry slice of carrot, a dry piece of broccoli and dry mange tout arrangement (one of each) on the kids plates just proved to me that they did not understand what kids want.

The plusses, I ordered a double creme brulee which was lovely, the steak was cooked well, the scenery (once outside) was lovely and the service was friendly.

We did arrive on a busy day but that should never be an excuse for what I felt was a slow, hot, overly expensive and just better than bland experience on our wedding anniversary.

I'm very disappointed and hope the restaurant take this as constructive criticism. I wish you the best regardless. We won't be back don't worry ;)

3  Thank JamesMcAlister72
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We went here for a friends birthday! Food was good and the setting is beautiful on a nice evening!
The prices could be a bit better for the dishes being served but I guess you're paying for the view too!
Staff are great very friendly and helpful. Definitely we'll return!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Walked in on a sunny Saturday! Was lucky they could accommodate us-would advise booking if possible. We each had a salad-fresh produce-yummy

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

I have celebrated my birthday with my family and we had a lovely nice.
Comparing to other Dublin City Restaurant, I was positively surprised by the Bay: fresh and tasty food, great service and fair price.
Calamari were fresh and crunchy, Steak was of good quality.
The only cons was the kids burger: meat was burnt (see pics) and was evident was not fresh. I did not want to send it back but was not presentable.
We had good time, finally.