“Hidden restaurant, friendly service, good atmosphere, food average ”
Review of Klaw

Klaw
Ranked #65 of 3,048 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Reviewed 27 November 2018 via mobile

I went to Klaw as I saw good reviews here and I am a fan of sea food.

We were sat down at a table by a really friendly waitress.

We ordered a lobster roll and a crab hotpot as well as a glass of wine and a beer. Wine was served in an ikea tumbler. I know it’s supposed to be trendy but I enjoy my wine in a wine glass.

My crab hotpot looked amazing but was average as the sauce was yummy but the crab claws really dry. I’m a frequent crab eater so I was a little disappointed.

Reviewed 26 November 2018 via mobile

Read the title, need I say more? From 5-6 they have oysters for a discount. Try them all, but my favorite were the Galway.

1  Thank MikePMcGovern
Reviewed 24 November 2018 via mobile

Very small atmospheric sort of place. While it was Friday evening we walked into two seats and given a friendly greeting. We ordered a Mac cheese (with a little crab through the cheese) and the lobster loaf (kind of open sandwich). Also a portion of saute potatoes.
The IPA was an OK.
The Mac was nice. The lobster plate had a wedge of cucumber, some crispy natchos, and a small 'loaf' of bread. The bread was scored along the top. The cut was hardly pried open and the tiny lobster pieces in a chopped green leaf and mayo type dressing was simply shocking small. More like some thin spread across the top of the bread. A disgrace at €18.
When asked at the end of the meal when the bill arrived by a very nice young staffer, I did tell her my views on the lobster spread.
This is seriously and surprisingly a rip-off. Unless this place sorts this sort of portion issue out, this is a place to be regarded with caution.
Pity.
Staff are really good.

2  Thank 34210king
Reviewed 21 November 2018 via mobile

A tiny tiny restaurant but full of heart. Excellent fish. Oysters fabulous you can have them naked or dressed. Many varieties of oysters to try. We were there the night after the iconic Irish rugby win of the All Blacks so their choice on menu was a bit limited but we had the half pint of prawns - delice and the crab toast - fresh fresh crab. Definitely a place to go back.

Reviewed 20 November 2018

Yes its cramped and small seating - you know that when you open the door and can see it all within 10 yards of you - if you dont like it turn around! Quirky but fantastic tasting sea food - we ate here twice - Clam Chowder the first time which was thinner than the norm but had a lovely taste to it. The 2nd visit we had a Jamaican Stew which was loaded with Mussels and Prawns and spiced beautifully plus a Crab Toast which was unusual and tasty. The electric kept tripping while we were there so my wife had to keep moving so they could get to the fuse box - was it a problem - not really - we werent in a 5* restaurant and while its not the cheapest place around, the quality (if in stock) is superb and delivered by an enthusiastic team

1  Thank derbyjap