“Terrible value and false advertising”
Review of Klaw

Klaw
Ranked #32 of 2,639 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Reviewed 8 April 2017

I ordered delivery for the second time (after having a bad 1st experience with crab claws being mostly inedible) and it has really solidified this restaurant as poor in my mind. I ordered what I think was a new side-kale and spinach salad with chickpeas. The salad had no kale or chickpeas and was basically a few spinach leaves for €4.50. The lobster roll, priced at €16, contained two small bits of lobster meat in between a mayo sandwich filling. I would estimate that the roll is less than 5 per cent lobster meat. I used to work in a Dublin seafood restaurant, and I know lobster is an expensive product, but this was a ridiculous rip off. I tried ringing the restaurant, but it appears their phone is broken as it directs me to an automated messaging system. Delivery bag included a few lollipops, perhaps as compensation for the lack of other food, but I certainly will not be ordering from here again.

There are newer reviews for Klaw

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

I had read an article somewhere a little while back and had tried to call on a few occasions to make reservations but to no avail. However I happened to locate it late Wednesday evening. I got there within 5 minutes of closing and was made feel very welcome. Nice pleasant young lady was the front of house for the evening. It's quite a small rustic restaurant but don't be put off . The food was utterly amazing . I had the klaw seafood platter . Lobster crab mussels prawns oysters . Washed down with a lovely white wine . Excellent value also. I will be returning soon but I'll be bringing friends along . Well done . #fabseafood

2  Thank pat024
Reviewed 6 April 2017

No airs, no graces just properly cooked, good quality shellfish and a selection of well matched beers in a slightly cramped space served by really friendly and informed staff and bugger all cutlery . The lobster rolls were generously filled for the price, the oysters were excellent, but the langoustines, poached in butter are reason enough to go back every week. The only criticism was an under seasoned, overly chilled potato salad. Otherwise it's a greasy fingered, shoulder to shoulder joy.

1  Thank CC_Eile
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

You could easily miss this place just off Temple Bar, but you'd be missing a treat.

It's tiny with space with room for a couple of dozen people sitting on stools. The menu is equally simple - oysters, crab and lobster super-fresh and served on ice or hot with the minimum of fuss. Friendly service and delicious fresh seafood - who could want more.

1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

This is a very, very, small place and seating is very limited, but, if you have to wait for a place to sit, it's worth it. We had the oysters both times we went there, and they were the best oysters we ever had! From this point forward, I know we will be comparing oysters to the ones we had at Klaw. We will return, if we are in Dublin again.

1  Thank midmichtraveler