“Small but perfectly formed.”
Review of The Little Kitchen

The Little Kitchen
Ranked #16 of 2,701 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$7 - US$31
Reviewed 18 March 2017

I had actually planned to dine at Forest Avenue around the corner but didn't realise that they didn't open on Mondays and Tuesdays so ended up at the Little Kitchen. It reminded me a lot of a similar style bistro that used to trade in Upper Rathmines as the decor, size and even limited menu was quite similar in many respects. It's tight in terms of space but the menu is good, extremely tasty and represents good value for money. One that I would definitely go back to.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Despite the menu being quite small, the food at this restaurant is absolutely incredible. Had the lamb and it completely fell off the bone- amazing value for money for what you're presented with. Only had the one course but the two/three course options are also great value for money for what you get.
Love that you can bring your own wine, not often that you come across that. The place itself was- as the name of it would suggest- very little, and kind of like a big dining room, but we liked that. Got us chatting to the people next to us. Staff were very attentive and helpful also.
Would highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 10 March 2017

My Son and I visited this restaurant on Wednesday evening. It was fairly quiet at 7pm but more people came later on. We spent time trying to decide what to eat from the lovely menu and couldnt decide on a three course or a two course as we wanted to taste it all . The manager saw our dilemma and encouraged us to order 1 starter and 1 dessert and share those as they are plenty unless you are really starving this was very nice of him as he could have left us unsure of which way to proceed nice touch service wise.
We ordered a nice red wine from the small but well chosen wine list a Cabernet Sauvegnon which was very palitable.
We went for the Risotto starter which was to die for and was satisfying but you just wanted it to never end.
I had the Lamb Shank after an absence of 11 years of ordering this dish I was still apprehensive but it was delicious and the meat was falling off the bone and melt in your mouth the jus was outstanding and the plate was so nicely dressed. My son had the Hake which I tasted and it was sublime, fresh, and perfectly cooked again the plate was beautiful to look at. For dessert we had the Chocolate Half baked cake and vanilla icecream very unpretentious .... until you put the spoon into the crunchy top layer to find your spoon drowning in molton chocolate so devine and decadant you wanted to lick the bowl afterwards just incase any escaped. The service was timely and unobtrusive and the ambiance in the place was so relaxing. We really enjoyed it and wanted to share it . Thank you .

2  Thank belena2016
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

Found this as it was convenient to a meeting I was attending. Had 2 courses the risotto was fab.. steak and trimmings nice too. It's very small but I liked that. Would recommend to others.

2  Thank glenpol
Reviewed 7 March 2017

Dined here as part of a group of 8 in November 2016 and we were all so very vary pleased with everything that we got. the chorizo in the seafood chowder was inspired and the lamb was delish.
the BYOW was great, our reservation was for 8.30 so were were able to relax there for the evening.
the restaurant is small and space is a bit tight but thats ok too. Good atmosphere and lovely staff.
Great value for the amount and quality fo food that you get.