“Very interesting”

The Irish Rock 'N' Roll Museum Experience
Ranked #48 of 546 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Irish Rock 'N' Roll Museum Experience tells the story of the Irish music scene with a tour of a working music venue & recording facilities in Temple Bar.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Tour guide is very knowledgeable about the musicians who have visited the studios. Attendees are allowed to take as many photos as they want. Tour is very interactive so you are able to stand on the stage of the Button Factory as well as play instruments. Very fun experience.

Sarah K, General Manager at The Irish Rock 'N' Roll Museum Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2017

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am delighted you had fun here at the Irish Rock n Roll Museum Experience, if you took any photographs please share them with us on our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram pages we love seeing them!
Kindest Regards,
The Management.

Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner went on a tour today. We were the only people there which was great so we pretty much got a private tour. Our tour guide Laura was very friendly and easy to talk to, she made us feel very welcome. We went on a tour around the studios, dressing rooms etc and it was great! I learned so much on the tour. At first when we got to the place and they said it would be €32.00 for two people i was shocked at the price. Nut once we got into the tour i understood why it was expensive. It would of been nice to be able to keep the VIP pass as a souvenir as we did pay a lot of money. Other than that it was a great experience!! Would highly recommend if you enjoy rock music.

Hi Livvy, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am delighted you enjoyed the tour and I will be sure to let Laura know you had a good time! We will be sure to take what you said on board about the VIP passes in the future, if you took any photographs in the museum please share them with us on social media we love seeing them!
Kindest Regards,
The Management.

Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

Wasn't sure what to expect, came across the museum by accident, and wanted to get out of the rain, so decided to give it a try. I found the stories interesting, the video too, and the kids loved the rehearsal room. Good way to wile away some time on a rainy afternoon.

Sarah K, General Manager at The Irish Rock 'N' Roll Museum Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Hi Tamsyn, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am so glad both you and the kids enjoyed your visit, if you have any pictures of your time here rocking out please share them with us on social media we love seeing them!
Kindest Regards, The Management.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

We decided to immerse ourselves into the vibrant and fascinating world of Irish "rock" music. We gave it a go and never expected to have such an enjoyable and memorable time. Tour took an hour or so.The museum encompasses the famous who's who not only in the world of rock genre but new age, punk, pop, indie and cheesy boy bands. There is also a special section for the great Michael Jackson (yeah and you will know why!!!!) They have memorabilia, photos, knickknacks etc., recording studios which are still in use, venue for intimate gigs and an actual experience of playing in a band more like a jamming session. We were lucky that the group tour we were in had actual band members hence a "mini gig" with my partner trying his utmost best to sing a U2 song albeit hilariously cringeworthy. Bless, it made his day!!! Special shout out to Laura, our tour guide, as there was never a dull moment with her. Very well informed, passionate about her job and such a good sport. Really great fun!

Sarah K, General Manager at The Irish Rock 'N' Roll Museum Experience, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Hi there, thank you so much for your fantastic review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed rocking out in our jam room, I am sure U2 were put to shame by your partner! I will pass on your kind words onto Laura and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back someday! Kindest Regards, The Management.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

How fabulous is this place! It's amazing! The guide was very knowledgeable and it certainly was an experience. It's a must if your in Dublin, you can't put a price on the things you see! Lets just say I walked where many icons have and I feel very humbled!

Hi Kara, thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us! I will be sure to pass your kind words onto all the guides and I hope we can welcome you back someday. Kindest Regards, The Management.