“Still the Best Dumplings in Dublin Town!!”

Monty's of Kathmandu
Reserve with OpenTable
Monty's of Kathmandu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #97 of 2,772 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$20 - US$41
Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Montys of Kathmandu, a multi-award winning Nepalese Restaurant in the heart of Dublin's Cultural quarter and now more recently, in the leafy suburbs of Rathgar. Montys is the first Nepalese Restaurant ever to open in Ireland specialising in the beautiful food from the Himalayan Kingdom. We make everything inhouse and do nor use any artificial additives to enhance the flavours of our food. All our chefs are natives of Nepal and it is owned by Nepalis too. We pride ourselves on giving you the customers the authentic experience, with out taking any short cuts. We source all our ingredients, where possibly locally and use the best possible available to us.
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Stunning meal last evening. Fresh dumplings to die for;Nepali dumplings with choice of fillings (I chose chicken), served with barbecued tomato and coriander chutney. Delicious! Followed by the Chicken Chili with freshly cooked rice. Authentic fresh ingredients. Wonderful friendly service makes it a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

This is a clean, well presented Nepalese restaurant. We have been to Nepal and enjoy their food. You will not be disappointed here. All food is freshly cooked, and apart from the ice in the Lassi ( which made it hard to drink). I had no complaints whatsoever.
We went here for lunch ( away from the pub type food available in the locality). Here we found white table cloths, wine glasses, and good waiter service.

The food was tasty, well prepared. The waiter helpful in explaining what was included.
There is an attractive wine list.

I would certainly eat here again.

My main course was €18..95 , my wife's course less as it was part of a lunch deal.

1  Thank goldsb
Reviewed 24 August 2017

We went with friends for our pre wedding dinner. The place is cosy and pleasantly exotic looking! We were served by very pleasant waiters who recommended dishes to us but were not intrusive at all. We chose a combination of dishes that came beautifully presented and absolutely delicious,not too hot(for me) I'm a chilli sissy,and when we mentioned why we were dining there ,we were presented with a cookery book that is sold at the restaurant as a wedding present which was very touching. It's VERY GOOD by the way! Thankyou. Shame we don't live in Dublin,but remembered well for when we visit again,worth the trip from Aberdeen for your lovely food alone!!

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

A wonderful travel in fine Indian/Nepalese kitchen. The appetizers and main courses were all freshly cooked with lots of finesse. Service was warm and friendly.
Don't miss it as just across the major pubs of Temple Bar

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Yet another great night out at Monty's. Both my mother-in-law and brother-in-law have been converted to Nepalese cuisine! Thanks Shiva*
*Please note I know the owner and am not independent, but I the converts above are!