“Catered very well to a group of 6 during rush hour”
Review of Kimchi

Kimchi
Ranked #318 of 2,911 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$0 - US$11
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kimchi Hophouse is the only place in Dublin where customers can find authentic Korean food and drinks including Soju and Korean beer. All staff are Korean, including our chefs and owners. Kimchi is a restaurant and Hophouse is an adjacent bar formally called The Shakespeare Bar. We're located in central Dublin city, at the top of O'Connell Street, just around the corner from the historic Gate theatre.
Reviewed 20 September 2018

Group pf 6 of us went here for a pre-theatre meal and it was great! definitely impressed even the picky eaters. I love the menu has a mixture of Japanese and Korean food and picked this restaurant specifically because of this. Some of our members were iffy about Sushi so we had a back up for them. Order 4 starters to share and regret not getting one or two more as everyone enjoyed them all: Prawn Mandu, prawn tempura, california roll and crunch roll. Even the sushi-nay-sayers enjoyed all the dished :)
We ordered various dishes for the mains and shared them around the table, chicken katsu, Salmon teriyaki, bulgogi, i can't remember the rest :)
Definitely returning and would 100% recommend

Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

A great place to taste the Korean cuisine. Friendly staff and good food, I recommend the visit. It was somewhat crowded, which just shows its success, so I would recommend booking a table in advance.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We didn't eat here but only had a drink. The staff seemed pretty busy and didn't really know what to do. But everyone was having a good time and the beer was good.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with my girlfriend in September 2018 and had a very bad experience primarily as a result of the poor quality of the food. I am not usually one to write reviews but I felt this had to be shared to advise others against eating here. I ordered the chicken katsu curry which arrived with little to no katsu sauce. When I got the attention of the waitress I old her that dry chicken and plain rice was very difficult to eat without the sauce. She said that they charged separately for the sauce which was very disappointing.
We also ordered the spring rolls and I am quite confident they were the same as the frozen spring rolls from Aldi for a generous multiple of the price.
Would advise against eating here.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

This place is soooo good. The menu is huge and the food is authentic and delicious. I had octopus to start and tempura don (prawn). No complaints. This place is really popular with loacals and tourists. Great buzz. It got a little chaotic but all part of the charm. One person at my table asked for chilli sauce for her noodles. It was made clear that this wasn't usually done, but we got it anyway!