“Super Kimchi”

Ranked #294 of 2,820 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$0 - US$11
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kimchi Hophouse is the only place in Dublin where customers can find authentic Korean food and drinks including Soju and Korean beer. All staff are Korean, including our chefs and owners. Kimchi is a restaurant and Hophouse is an adjacent bar formally called The Shakespeare Bar. We're located in central Dublin city, at the top of O'Connell Street, just around the corner from the historic Gate theatre.
Reviewed 27 February 2017

Had a great dinner here on Saturday night after the rugby. Highly recommend the Kimchi Stew. And as a bonus they had Makoli :-) Great atmosphere and reasonable prices

Reviewed 19 February 2017

What I demand from a restaurant is good food and attentive service without licking your asss. Well, Kimchi has got it all, hence my rating. I'm no expert in Korean food and don't know how it should taste, all I know is that it tasted very good in my mouth. Besides the waitress made sure I knew how to eat what I had order and even the owner herself assisted me when she noticed I was hesitating. The decoration is nice too, but that's not important to me.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

This place introduced me to both Korean food and, most important of all, the wonders of Bulgogi (it deserves to be capitalised).

Never has a single dish held such power over me. I've tried to try other items more during my dozen or so visits over the years but the bulgogi is just too perfect to pass up! The desserts are very nice too, the mochi ice cream in particular being a favourite of mine.

If you've never tried bulgogi, try it here. Or try it anywhere. Just go eat bulgogi, it's the greatest.

Share review

1  Thank Dylan L
Reviewed 10 February 2017

Great service and food. The bar bit is one of the cheaper spots in Dub for a pint.
Lovely. Watch out for the Korean wine soju its deadly one minute sober the next laughing uncontrollably....honestly a mighty night out.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Overall, I was a bit disappointed with Dublin's restaurants until we found this place.

Friendly staff and delicious food in a quirky place with a nice atmosphere. Good value for money as well.

We visited twice during our short stay in Dublin.