“Well prepared food nicely presented”
Review of The Cookbook Cafe

The Cookbook Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cookbook Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #698 of 2,913 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Description: Fresh, vibrant cooking in a relaxed, casual environment. Lots of Cookbooks and Music books to browse through in our neighbourhood hub. Breakfast and Lunch have lots of rustic dishes, full of flavour. Evening times are a cool step up, with more serious dishes but equally flavoursome. Brunch has become a 'must-do' in Dublin with some travelling from the west of Ireland to enjoy our Vinyl brunch on Sundays. Great Take-out menu for lunch during the week. Outside Catering available and private cookery lessons. A real 'food-trap'!!!
Reviewed 12 March 2018

We met for a family lunch.
service was excellent
Food was top class.
The music was a bit too intrusive.
Glasthule has several highly rated restaurants- and this one maintains the same high standards.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

Met up with our grown up children for Sunday brunch, excellent venue for this. Good variety in menu from conventional to original, no problem with coeliac dietary requirement. We'll be back.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

I ate lunch here with a friend while visiting Glasthule. We both really enjoyed our food. Friendly efficient service and excellent value too as it was Black Friday and all the main lunch courses were 10 euro each.

I noticed both of the serving staff at different times helping elderly people while arriving or leaving, Very kind to witness that. Seems to be very much a local restaurant.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Having only looked at recent reviews and seen that it was highly rated my sister and I decided to give it a try for dinner. I noticed later that the higher ratings were for lunch time so maybe it is just the evening that was a let-down. Liking the look of the starters and not finding much inspiring in the mains we both decided to have two starters – Ottolenghi Plate came with, hummus which was fine, halloumi not cooked, lovely aubergine, beet puree tasteless but looked pretty used to dress the palate and falafel. My falafel was fine but my sisters tasted like it had been left in the deep fat fryer for twenty minutes – it was burnt to a crisp to the core, we did mention this to the head waiter when asked about our meal and got a short comment did we not know “this is how it is supposed to be”! We then had the fish cakes, there was a slight flavour of fish under the breadcrumbs but the texture was awful, like eating rubber. The meal was expensive and was still talking to us at 4am in the morning when we both felt unwell. I would have rung and let them know but I would probably have been told …. This is how you are supposed to feel! The most disappoint meal out I have had in years, I will not be going back.

3  Thank Sue M
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Had a very enjoyable meal here. Chose the early bird. Hake was delicious as was the soup of the day, a hearty autumn bowl of heat. Very friendly staff.