“Amazing Thai restaurant ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Red Torch Ginger
Ranked #31 of 2,526 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$11 - US$24
Cuisines: Contemporary, Asian, Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: We are Modern Thai Eatery serving delicious Thai food, craft beers, funky cocktails and wines from around the world. We offer all this in a relaxed ambiance with friendly service and plenty of value. We feature a very popular Set Lunch which includes starter, main course and a drink for €14,95. We also offer our Early Bird menu every evening from 4.00 Which costs €21,95 and includes a starter, a main course and tea or coffee. Our Wine Sale includes all wines at half price on Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays . We are very centrally located between Temple Bar and Grafton st.
“Amazing Thai restaurant ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Visited here with my husband on St Patrick's day, the food was amazing! I had the pad Thai noodles, wow, it was the best pad Thai I've ever had! The staff were so lovely too. I will definitely go back! Highly recommend!

Visited March 2017
Gary W, Owner at Red Torch Ginger, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you so much for the kind words. I personally love Phad Thai and its lovely to see that you like our version so much. I am also delighted to see that you found the service to be friendly and attentive. Thank you for coming in and trying us out.

Dublin, Ireland
“Very Poor Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I ate here on a Sunday evening with my boyfriend. We arrived in the restaurant at 5.30pm. There was an early bird that was on until 6.30 for €23.95 so opted for that. It included a starter a main course and tea or coffee to finish, including extras for dessert. I ordered duck pancakes to start and a massaman curry for my main.

We waited about half an hour for our starter to arrive and the table beside us who ordered at the same time received theirs and were finished by the time we started. I always assume this is to do with the dish ordered and thought nothing of it. The dishes were cleared away quickly enough after.

We then waited at least another hour for a main courses. Every table around us arrived after us and were served before. We were asked on three occasions if everything was ok and we brought it to the attention of three waiters that approached us that we were waiting on our main courses. Not one of them returned to explain there was to be a delay for any reason.

Our food was finally “dumped” in front of us with no apology or explanation for the wait. Two tables beside had finished their meals and left by the time we started ours. We never received any apology for the wait, the restaurant was very busy but we were one of the first tables in there that evening. The food was average as far as Thai food goes and I would have received a very similar meal if I ordered from a local take-away and of course the meal cost us double what we would have paid.

I will never return to this restaurant as I think waiting an hour and a half for a main course is ridiculous, had any issue been explained to us we may have been more patient but not one waiter returned to update us or advise us on when we would receive our meal. By the time we finished we had been there so long we didn’t stay for the included tea or coffee – I would hate to found out how long that would take!

• Visited March 2017
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hi Joan
I am sorry to read your disappointing comments re your visit last Sunday. We were extremely busy- much much busier than anticipated- but we thought that everything went smoothly. I am sorry to see that you feel like your experience wasnt so smooth and enjoyable..
You are correct in saying that your starter took longer than others as it was Aromatic Pancakes. These normally take twenty minutes to prepare. They also take longer to eat as there are 10 pancakes for two people. Usually other diners will finish other appetisers more quickly. This means their starters will be cleared before yours and their main courses will be cooked first.
I do not understand why your main course took so long to come out. You are right- an hour is way too long to wait for a main course. I am truly sorry that this happened to you. As I mentioned earlier, it was so much busier than we expected last Sunday so the staff did their best. Obviously in your case, their best was certainly not good enough.

I did speak to the shift manager also but she told me that she was unaware of this issue also.Its a pity that you didnt speak directly to the duty manager before you left. She was in charge. Obviously she was unaware that you had a problem with the amount of time it took for your main course to come to your table. She would have been delighted to speak to you and do something to make amends.
If you would like to email me at gary@redtorchginger.ie, I will follow up on this and come back to you. I do hope you do this as I would like to find out why you waited so long.
Please do accept my apologies for your disappointing experience.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty, affordable, friendly, stylish.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Dined with my girlfriend just before St. Patrick's Day 2017. Atmosphere was great. I was informed it would be busy from a certain time on wards but that still left me with plenty of time to enjoy my meal. Staff were very friendly, food was extremely tasty, share platter was great, particularly liked the chicken satay skewers, food was quick to arrive and it wasa reasonable price. I really enjoyed the visit and the meal.

• Visited March 2017
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nicky F
Gary W, Owner at Red Torch Ginger, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Hi Nicky, thank you for your kind review. You seem to love the ambiance, the food and the service which is wonderful. Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. Your feedback makes a big difference to us and means a lot to us all. I do hope we see you again when you are in this neck of the woods again.
“Brilliant Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

I love Red Torch Ginger. The staff are so friendly, the place is warm and welcoming and the food is excellent. Its handy for me as I work nearby. My lunch the other day was delicious. I had the calamari and the Phad Thai with prawns - extra spicy. I had the lemon and lime bitters - all for under €16. Great value. I recommend a visit. Book if you are going for dinner - it gets busy especially at weekends!

Visited March 2017
1 Thank Stanislaw M
Gary W, Owner at Red Torch Ginger, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Stanislaw,
Many thanks indeed for the support and the review. We believe that people vote with their feet so its wonderful to see that you keep coming back to us. I am delighted to see your warm comments about the food and the service. I am delighted to see that you feel that you are given friendly service and tasty food upon each visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Stockport
“Excellent Thai Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Booked this restaurant after reading about it on Trip Advisor. Our expectations were high and we were not disappointed. We had the Massaman Curry and the Black Pepper Beef with Garlic Stir Fry which were both excellent.
The wine was very good and the service was attentive without being pushy and we did not feel rushed even though it was a busy Friday night in a Dublin.
We both love Thai food and we said that it ranks very highly compared with other Thai restaurants that we have visited.

Visited February 2017
1 Thank sheppybob
Gary W, Owner at Red Torch Ginger, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you SheppyBob for the terrific review. You seem to have enjoyed the food, the wine,the service and the ambiance too. Its always great when we receive feedback as this is how we improve. I do appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts here on TA! Thank you again for your visit.