“Tasty, affordable, friendly, stylish.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Red Torch Ginger
Ranked #32 of 2,527 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$11 - US$24
Cuisines: Contemporary, Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: We are Modern Thai Eatery serving delicious Thai food, craft beers, funky cocktails and wines from around the world. We offer all this in a relaxed ambiance with friendly service and plenty of value. We feature a very popular Set Lunch which includes starter, main course and a drink for €14,95. We also offer our Early Bird menu every evening from 4.00 Which costs €21,95 and includes a starter, a main course and tea or coffee. Our Wine Sale includes all wines at half price on Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays . We are very centrally located between Temple Bar and Grafton st.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty, affordable, friendly, stylish.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

Dined with my girlfriend just before St. Patrick's Day 2017. Atmosphere was great. I was informed it would be busy from a certain time on wards but that still left me with plenty of time to enjoy my meal. Staff were very friendly, food was extremely tasty, share platter was great, particularly liked the chicken satay skewers, food was quick to arrive and it wasa reasonable price. I really enjoyed the visit and the meal.

• Visited March 2017
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nicky F
Gary W, Owner at Red Torch Ginger, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Hi Nicky, thank you for your kind review. You seem to love the ambiance, the food and the service which is wonderful. Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. Your feedback makes a big difference to us and means a lot to us all. I do hope we see you again when you are in this neck of the woods again.

“Brilliant Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I love Red Torch Ginger. The staff are so friendly, the place is warm and welcoming and the food is excellent. Its handy for me as I work nearby. My lunch the other day was delicious. I had the calamari and the Phad Thai with prawns - extra spicy. I had the lemon and lime bitters - all for under €16. Great value. I recommend a visit. Book if you are going for dinner - it gets busy especially at weekends!

Visited March 2017
1 Thank Stanislaw M
Hi Stanislaw,
Many thanks indeed for the support and the review. We believe that people vote with their feet so its wonderful to see that you keep coming back to us. I am delighted to see your warm comments about the food and the service. I am delighted to see that you feel that you are given friendly service and tasty food upon each visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Stockport
“Excellent Thai Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Booked this restaurant after reading about it on Trip Advisor. Our expectations were high and we were not disappointed. We had the Massaman Curry and the Black Pepper Beef with Garlic Stir Fry which were both excellent.
The wine was very good and the service was attentive without being pushy and we did not feel rushed even though it was a busy Friday night in a Dublin.
We both love Thai food and we said that it ranks very highly compared with other Thai restaurants that we have visited.

Visited February 2017
1 Thank sheppybob
Gary W, Owner at Red Torch Ginger, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you SheppyBob for the terrific review. You seem to have enjoyed the food, the wine,the service and the ambiance too. Its always great when we receive feedback as this is how we improve. I do appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts here on TA! Thank you again for your visit.
Dublin, Ireland
“Great restaurant - Food and service both excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I took a group of friends to this restaurant last week. They were all very impressed. Good quality food at affordable prices. It is also good for coeliacs.

• Visited March 2017
1 Thank carolep171
Gary W, Owner at Red Torch Ginger, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Carole, many thanks indeed for choosing to bring your friends to visit last week. I am delighted to see that you were all very happy with your meals. We look forward to seeing you all again in Red Torch Ginger in the near future.
Dublin, Ireland
“Well worth a visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked a Friday early evening sitting to benefit from the early bird menu price of €24 for starter, main and tea/coffee. Got a great table downstairs. Staff were very nice despite us being late, 1 person over an hour late, and still let her order from early bird menu. Waitress very good in recommending dishes. Wine, red and white was very nice also. Ordered a selection of starters to share, all of which were very tasty. Great to be able to mix your fish or meat options for the main course, which the waitress kindly pointed out.
And the prawn crackers just kept coming and we loved them!

• Visited February 2017
1 Thank Edel Q
Gary W, Owner at Red Torch Ginger, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hi Edel
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am glad you and your friends found the Early Bird to be such great value. I am also very happy to see that your waitress was helpful and gave you terrific service. As you say, there is a wide selection of choices on our Early Bird - everything on the menu is available- and this has made it very popular. Thank you again for the lovely feedback. I do hope we see you again very soon here in Red Torch Ginger!