“Good Korean food in Dublin”
Review of Hi Lan

Hi Lan
Ranked #840 of 2,906 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$1 - US$23
Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The most authentic Chinese and Korean food at reasonable prices located in Capel Street which is close to Henry Street, Cineworld and Bars. Hilan has been in business for 12 years and was the 1st Korean Restaurant in Dublin. We are specializing in authentic Chinese cuisine, Chinese hot pot, Korean BBQ and we also have private Karaoke rooms, which are the perfect choice for parties.
Reviewed 1 November 2016

I was looking for bibibap, but I tried pork with deep fried kimchi and tofu instead. I must say that it was a pleasant surprise. I found the atmosphere of the venue quite cozy. The service was nice and the presentation of the dish very good. The food was delicious. The kimchi was spicy enough, but not too much. Good and affordable Korean food in Dublin. I recommend it.

1  Thank Jose G

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

I had the (sizzling) king prawn with ginger and spring onion, with a fried rice.
The prawn was a really good dish. The fried rice was a bit gainy/stodgy but it did have a good flavour. I had a glass of water. Wad not rushed and the staff were pleasant but the price €15.50 wad just a tad higher than I felt it should have been.
But for flavours I will return. Maybe not have the fried rice though.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

The staff was very friendly and did their best to accommodate us despite the place being overcrowded. We ordered two hot pots for four people because someone in the group had allergies to shell fish. Then we proceeded to order meat and vegetable options for each hot pot (4x meat, 1x king prawns, 2x noodles, 2x mushrooms etc). We even ordered two portions of the excellent pork and shrimp dumplings. We could have saved ourselves a lot of table space and money by just ordering half the meat and veggies since the portions were quite big. We couldn't finish everything.
The hot pot was excellent though, we had the double seasoning with one spicy and one regular broth.

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

The Korean stew we had was pretty good. The rice served with the stew was Chinese boiled rice instead of the sticky rice traditionally served with Korean meals. Also there was not side dishes (kimchi) with the stew, which I found odd.. The menu is in English, Korean and Chinese. The service was good and the portions were generous.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Booked a kareoke night here. I liked it because you get your own private room and you can eat and play kareoke in this private room. If you needed assistance, you rang the bell and someone was with you pronto. It was very laid back.

Food was nice, but found it strange that they never cleared the table after our meal. We had to ask them to clear it and when they did, they left the plates stacked up outside our door. They also don't do desert....

Staff were very friendly and never rushed us. We didn't realise till we were going that we were the last there and that everything was shut. Oops!