“€27 pre-theatre 3 course meal”
Review of Trocadero

Trocadero
Reserve with OpenTable
Trocadero is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #183 of 2,822 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$30 - US$37
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 2 February 2017

A friend took me here to celebrate a birthday recently and we arrived at about 6.35pm. The pre-theatre menus was due to end at 6.30pm but the waiter gave us the menu anyway to order from which was nice. The atmosphere and the interior in Trocadero is always plush, lovely ambience and a feeling that you are in a friendly place where you will be well looked after. We both ordered a starter and main and my friend ordered a bottle of red wine.
I had a chicken liver pate dish for starters and a duck in red wine jus for main course. Both were delicious. We were also given a dish of fresh vegetables, roast potatoes and fries to go along with the mains which were also great. I'd highly recommend Trocadero if you are looking for great service, good food and an intimate, friendly or romantic setting.

1  Thank Niamh S

Reviewed 29 January 2017

My aunt and I had a fabulous dinner a few months ago in Trocadero. We were looked after wonderfully by Martin Senior. He was very pleasant and extremely attentive to both of us. He is clearly a huge asset to the business! The decor is very tasteful and sumptuous and the photos of the many famous guests enhance the atmosphere of this legendary restaurant. We are looking forward to dining again soon in Trocadero.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

We were taken to dinner here by friends of ours - amazing food and wine. We would definitely recommend the restaurant if you fancy something a bit special. All the staff were friendly and welcoming and the food was the best we had during our trip.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

Just before Christmas I was taken to the Trocadero in Dublin. I am a vegetarian who is allergic to mushrooms. The festive menu online had a butternut squash dish which looked fine. However, when we got to the restaurant the "festive" menu had mushroom risotto. I asked my server if there was anything else available - he said he could ask the chef to do up pasta with a tomato sauce (I can have this anytime at home). In the end I had to have a second starter (the goats cheese) for my main course which arrived as 3 small pieces of goats cheese on a bed of lettuce. Not in my opinion good enough for a restaurant that's supposed to be one of the best in Dublin

3  Thank Noeleen J
Reviewed 22 January 2017

Visited here on 21 January as one of a party of 10. As usual on Saturday night, the restaurant was full, but the staff ensured that we were served as though were the only guests there. I had the scallops which were cooked to perfection and were especially succulent and tasty. This was followed with a perfectly cooked and served rib eye steak. Not the cheapest meal I have had but still great value