“Solid food”
Review of Saba

Saba
Reserve with OpenTable
Saba is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #268 of 2,883 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Saba, which means "happy meeting place" in Thai, serves authentic Thai and Vietnamese cuisine at reasonable prices in a setting described as "colonial meets contemporary". Saba is renowned for our delicious food, fantastic atmosphere and award winning cocktails that will tantalise your tastebuds. Saba is an award winning Thai and Vietnamese Eatery on Clarendon Street, in Dublin's city centre just off the main shopping area, Grafton Street. It is surrounded by fantastic pubs and clubs to start and end your night. We look forward to welcoming you on your visit. Sanook![Enjoy!]
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I dined here one Friday night. The food was good and flavorful. Our appetizers (duck spring rolls, Calamari) were excellent. The pad Thai entree was very good and my ribeye dish was our least favorite. Atmosphere was great and service was fine. A good place to dine.

Paul C, Owner at Saba, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear AKBGa,

Thank you so much for your review. I have passed it onto the team and they are delighted.
We are delighted that the atmosphere, good and service were to your liking.

Best Regards,
Paul

Write a ReviewReviews (1,120)

Reviewed 15 March 2018

used to be a good restaurant but lost it's sparkle, food now only average which is a real shame. The Duck Spring rolls were pre-made and had only marginal amounts of duck in them and the Singapore noodles were very oily and ended up causing me heartburn!

Paul C, Owner at Saba, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear Charles,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Saba Experience. We have very disappointed that you feel that way. If you could kindly PM me your phone number or e-mail address, we would be more than happy to see how we can resolve your issues.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2018

This is an excellent place for lunch. It's busy, because it's amazing. The lunchtime menu is very reasonable and the special is always worth a try. I love the long tables, and general decor too. Service is excellent even if it is busy. It is so close to Grafton Street and Stephen's Green, but tucked away so it's not in the middle of the craziness. The food is so tasty and fresh.

Dear LivMcGiv,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a thorough review. It is great to receive such lovely feedback. I have passed it on to the team and they are delighted.

We are delighted that you found the service to be excelled and the lunchtime menu to be very reasonable.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 February 2018

The food we tried was very tasty and pretty big portions, however there are not that many vegetarian options as one can hope for at an Asian restaurant. It was very busy in the evening, but service was quick. A little pricey, but worth a visit.

Dear Elise A,
T
Thank you for taking time to provide this review as customer feedback is hugely important to us.

We hope that you let your waiter know you are vegetarian as many of our dishes can be modified to become vegetarian-friendly.

We do hope you'll visit us again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I usually go to Red Torch Ginger for my Thai fix. However of my mates wanted to check out Saba and I was very happy to tag along.
It was busy when we arrived but we didnt have to wait long to be seated. The menu is extensive but in the end, I opted for the Chilli Squid to start- tasty.My Yellow Prawn curry was also very good. I added chillies to mine to make it spicier. This was no problem for the waiter.
One thing that surprised me was how expensive the wines are in Saba. The cheapest Red and White we could find were each around €29 which I thought was quite pricey. Red Torch Ginger down the road has house wine for €24 which is much closer to what I would expect a house wine to be priced at. We ended up drinking Garnacha which was €30 a bottle. It was great.
Service was friendly although our waiter was also looking after a large group so it was difficult to get their attention later in the evening as the big table kept them busy.
Over all I enjoyed our meal. The food was excellent and the ambiance was buzzing. Service was friendly if a little patchy later when it got very busy. Its a great Thai restaurant even if it is pricier than its nearest competitor down the road.
Well worth a look if you are in the area. You do need to book- its busy.

Dear Stanislaw M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a thorough review.
I have passed it onto the team and they are delighted.

We are delighted that you found the food to be excellent and the ambiance to be buzzing.
Your recommendation means so much to us.

Best regards,