“Flies”

Fallon & Byrne
Ranked #287 of 2,912 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$7 - US$40
Cuisines: French, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 8 October 2018

The meal was lovely but shame about the number of flies. I counted 9 flies (slightly bigger than fruit flies) on the wall immediately behind and I noticed there were even more of them on the wall at the bar. I drew the waitress attention to them and the solution was to leave a glass of vinegar out (I have the photographic evidence) to attract them. On two occasions I said it to the waitress but nothing was done.

FallonandByrne, Manager at Fallon & Byrne, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Noreen,
We would like to get in touch with you regarding your experience. Would you mind sending your details to restaurant@fallonandbyrne.com please?

Write a ReviewReviews (1,325)

Reviewed 4 October 2018

If you're put off by having to go through the door of a supermarket to get to a gourmet restaurant don't go here, I asked the head waitress if one needs a reservation. She said that it's a good idea on week-ends (we were there on a Thursday night). I asked about the summer and she said; No problem, lots of people are away. That I good clue that if you want to eat at a gourmet restaurant patronized by locals, not a tourist trap this is a good choice Food was great. We shared a scallop appetizer and I had the hake which was well seasoned. Not sure what my wife had but we both were happy with our choice.

1  Thank sjkunman
FallonandByrne, Manager at Fallon & Byrne, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Hi there,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review for us, we are so happy you enjoyed your meal and we hope to see you again sometime soon!

Reviewed 22 September 2018

This emporium was very close to our hotel and wwas our go to place for brunch and we also had a dinner in the wine bar. We have nothing but praise for this place - a great deli, good food and friendly staff. Our "find" for Dublin

Hi Tim,
Thank you for taking the time to review our food hall and wine cellar. We're delighted you enjoyed your time with us and we hope you pop in again next time you're in town!

Reviewed 17 September 2018

This is our second visit to Fallon & Byrne. We didn’t enjoy our first & with a little encouragement from someone who knows this spot well we returned & I can honestly say we were not disappointed.
The venue is fabulous….situated right in the middle of Dublin city centre, with sophisticated furnishing & décor & a laid back, relaxed atmosphere.
The staff are an amazing team, dedicated professional who have a true understanding of what service means….. an unusual skill now a days. Our food was delicious & beautifully presented (we both had the scallops for starters, GORGEOUS!!!!!!).
I can honestly say I am so glad we were encouraged to return & would highly recommend this Gem of a place

FallonandByrne, Manager at Fallon & Byrne, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Hi there,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review for our restaurant and thank you for your comments on our food and service. We're delighted that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to the next time you pop in!

Reviewed 15 September 2018

favorite shop for a foodie at heart and always has what youre looking for, and more. Great quality purchases (but you have to pay for it). Wouldn't do my average shop here, but if you need a nice compliment to a dish they've got it. Coffee bar and deli bar feature gorgeous coffee and salads.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Hi Dayna,
Thank you for reviewing our food hall. We are so happy you've enjoyed shopping with us and we hope you pop in again soon!