“Clean, Good location, Would stay again”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
travlinto...
New England
“Clean, Good location, Would stay again”
Reviewed 28 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018

First of all, we would stay in this apartment again if we were to go back to Dublin. It was clean, the neighborhood felt safe, the location to the things we wanted to do and see was great. One teen liked that they had Netflix. Both teens liked the WiFi. All of us thought the bathroom setup was a little odd. The shower and a small sink were in one room off the hall,, and a toilet and small sink (and a washer/dryer which we didn't use) were off the kitchen. I saw the advantage of that setup when someone else was in the shower and I wanted to use the bathroom so, while it may be odd, it came in handy.
There were no bad surprises. What I saw on the listing at TripAdvisor was what we got. That's always a good thing.
One not so good thing is that it was rather hard to catch a taxi close to the apartment. We had to walk several blocks to snag one.
One super good thing is that this apartment is about a 10-minute walk to the Guinness Storehouse! The Guinness in Ireland is stupendously good, unlike in the USA where I won't even drink it.

Lothar E
Beinwil am See, Switzerland
“Pretty cottage in a amazing town”
Reviewed 22 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

small, but very nice newly renovated cottage. Only 10 minutes to walk to the Temple Bar but very quit pretty road. All ver clean.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: We loved all the house
Liked least: shower/bathroom is small, very small table
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Kimberly...
“Cost not worth location.”
Reviewed 15 July 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

The home is nice, but I thought the home wasnt as nice as photos. The area is very blue collar. There are not many shops open. My mom fell down the stairwell & is undergoing surgery at this time. Not the home owners fault but the stairs are tight. Be very careful while walking. The owner is wonderful in getting In touch with you when you need assistance.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
23 Aug 2016
Dear Kimberly,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to review the property and your stay. Naturally I am sorry that you had this experience.

Clearly I am sorry to hear that you mom had the fall and hope that she had made a recovery. Thankfully, I have not had any such other issues reported leading up to your stay nor afterwards.

With regards to the area being blue collar, this is the type of area which is indicative of the central location of Dublin. It tends to make for a stay in a location where the area has a beating heart. Whilst I appreciate that it was not for you, the vast majority of other guests find this charming and have indicated it made for a more enjoyable stay.

I was perplexed that you indicated that there are not many shops near nor open. The house is located close to a vibrant market - Meath and Thomas Streets. ,Lidl, Aldi, Tesco and a number of local shops are all within a five minute walk of the property. I sent a full information pack in advance of your arrival which highlighted all of these - maybe you did not receive this as sometimes, it can get redirected by the service provider to trash.

The photos are a representation of the property which is borne out by the high rating that I have received both on this site and on others where I present it.

I suppose each guest has their own experience and impression of the house and the city. I am sorry that yours was less than positive.

Thanks again.

Keith
Paul G
Innerleithen
“Mr”
Reviewed 16 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

Wonderfully situated cottage in the heart of one of the oldest parts of Dublin. Ideally located and excellently decorated, this is ideal for a short break! We will definitely look to return!

Ryanaroon...
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect little house in the heart of Dublin.”
Reviewed 23 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

I stayed in this house with two of my children. It is perfectly situated in the heart of Dublin & the neighbours were lovely & helpful..I did hire a car but everything is within walking distance or public transport is very close if needed. The house has everything you would need and shops are just around the corner..Good luck with your stay here.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location to everything we wanted to do and see.
Liked least: I have nothing that was an issue
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing