“Pantomime Treats ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #762 of 2,500 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$16 - US$53
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Captain Americas brought the original burger to Ireland back in December 1971. Since then it has continued to serve good quality American style food at great value prices. Home to the famous Captain Americas hamburger and mouth watering flame grilled steaks, there is something for everyone on the menu. Captain Americas offers the most attractive lunch deals in town & the early bird menu is a great way to start every night out. Captain Americas has branches on Grafton St, Blanchardstown and in Cork City. All our restaurants are fully licensed and we have a great selection of cocktails, beers & wines for you to choose from. Over the years we have collected hundreds of pieces of memorabilia from visiting Irish and international stars such as U2, Colin Farrell, Westlife, Debbie Harry and David Bowie and Green Day. Our memorabilia museum creates a unique and interesting atmosphere in the restaurants. We take reservations for groups, please look at our bookings page for further information or call us on the number listed below. Open 7 days a week
Wicklow, Wicklow, Ireland
“Pantomime Treats ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

Myself ,1 teenager and 2 kids have our pre pantomime dinner on Sunday last . We were given our seats very quickly even though we hadn't booked. Our assigned waitress Mauve was at hand to assist in ordering and menu selection. I got the Chicken fajitas, my teenage son got the Chicken Buger and the 2 kids got off the kids menu nuggets and chips. The meal was really nice and the athmostophere was buzzing with other families out for the same pre panto meal. Again a big thanks to Mauve who made a great effort to make our meal enjoyable. At under €60 are real treat.

Visited January 2017
1 Thank Larry C
PressUpEntertainment, General Manager at Captain Americas, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Larry,

Thank you kindly for your lovely review. We are glad yourself and the family enjoyed your trip to us and hope the Panto served just as good an experience.

I have passed your kind words onto Maeve who blushingly sends her thanks.

We hope to see you again soon,
Sarah

Dublin
“Won't be back...Sorry”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2017

Called in on Christmas Eve, as i did not need a reservation. We had to wait but that was no problem for the day that it was. Got good value with 3 sols for ten euro. So far so good. We then got seated and it was a little down hill from here. There was definitely some staff working hard to clear table and generally keep the show running efficiently as possible. Our server did not seem too with it. We asked for water 3 times but it never showed. the wait for food was a little long but again understandable for the day it was. Our food was just not good. It was just bland no real taste. Our desserts arrived which included ice cream which had as good as melted by the time it arrived. Sorry this review could not be more positive but its not like its a cheap and cheerful place. Its prices suggest that the food should be at least tasty. I wont be rushing back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
PressUpEntertainment, General Manager at Captain Americas, responded to this review, 7 January 2017
Hi TheBennys,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit with us last Christmas Eve. I am sorry you guys did not enjoy your food and found the service lacking. I would be happy to pass on the details of your visit to our kitchen manager, all I require is a couple of more details. Feel free to contact me at david@captainamericas.com. Thanks again
Dublin, Ireland
“Ignored”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2016

I'll start by saying the hostess was very pleasant and we got a seat very quickly.
I cannot comment on the food as we never got the chance to order any, thus causing this terrible score.
The restaurant was very busy and we were seated at the end of a row of tables. Every time the waiter would walk down to us the table beside us would ask for something causing the waiter to turn his back to us. This happened seven or eight times with a number of different waiters. We couldn't seem to get any ones attention and after 20 min we left.
Its the worst service I have ever had. While the waiters were busy and didn't mean anything by it, i felt like I was wasting my time. A simple "I'll be with you in 15 min" would have went a long way.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
PressUpEntertainment, General Manager at Captain Americas, responded to this review, 4 January 2017
Hi Paul T
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit with us, I am alarmed to read your points regarding the service you received. If you would be willing to provide me with a few details regarding your visit such as time, date, location within the restaurant your were seated and description of staff members and send them to david@captainamericas.com, I can then investigate the matter thoroughly and find the reasons as to why your service was so lacking.
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Went here for lunch and can say it was very good. The service was excellent especially as they were busy. I had the American burger but the choice on the menu was good. I would recommend this restaurant for families especially

Visited December 2016
PressUpEntertainment, General Manager at Captain Americas, responded to this review, 30 December 2016
Hi Stephen141257,
Thank you for your kind review, I am glad to read you had a good experience with us and enjoyed our menu choices.
Looking forward to your next visit
Navan
“Student days haunt revisited ............and with great pleasure!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2016

In Dublin last Saturday for the now traditional year-end rugby match and 4 of us agreed to eat here, 2 revisiting after a long absence and 2 newbies.

When we arrived at the top of the stairs the place was heaving!! There was a 25 min wait for us with crowds continuing to stream in. You could be nothing only impressed with how the staff dealt with the teaming mass of people. Kudos to all!!!!

We did not have to wait the full 25 mins and were attended promptly by a waitress at the table.

Because of the crowds we decided on a get in/get out as quickly as possible approach so we restricted ourselves to main course only.

Everybody had a burger of one kind or another and they were delicious; full of flavour and really fresh.

We will return and take our time the next time.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi mm6947,
Thank you so much for your great review and for climbing up our stairs to experience Christmas here at Captain Americas. I am delighted you guys had a positive time with us. I will pass your feedback on to the floor and kitchen teams whom I know will enjoy reading it.