US$261
Croke Park Hotel
Sandymount Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$180
Official Site
Generator Hostel Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$435
  • Restaurant
Clayton Hotel Burlington Road(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$780
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrecord playerrooftop barsmeg fridgecool hotelharcourt streetprovide ear plugstop floormini barnespresso machinequieter roomthe penthouselittle touchesamazing hotellight sleeperboutique hotelnoisy at nightreception area
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel decor and spotless rooms breakfast was great with an amazing view , Just the noise was unbearable my glass on locker was literally shaking don’t expect to sleep at till after 430 am nightclub beside and bar overhead music flowing through vents in room even but hey it’s Dublin and the weekend so maybe nxt time don’t go to bed till 5 am

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2018

The common areas, whether the bar on the ground floor, or the restaurant at the rooftop, are so quirky, cool and hip. The bed (I got a bunkbed room) was extremely comfy. Service was impeccable. But most importantly, I felt a good energy in the hotel, possible due to a mix of good decoration, smell, art and people!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Amazing hotel. Good service. It’s funky and modern. Lots to do. The reception area is warm and cozy with music playing. Smoking area it’s very warm and welcoming. I would not recommend to anyone who is a light sleeper and it’s right in the middle of clubs so you can hear all the music. However it doesn’t go on until stupid o’clock in the morning. Fab place. It was clean however our white sink was stained with make up before we got there. Could do with replacing!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2018

I an sure many people will find the hotel exactly to their taste, but maybe I am getting old. The rooms are nice and very quirky. Vinyl records complete with player as well as an old style bathroom are a nice touch. The Hotel is near - very near to a nightclub however the management provide earplugs by the bedside.

The hotel is certainly clean and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Because the hotel is a combination of a number of Georgian era Houses the stairs and lifts tend to go to half levels and that involves more ups and downs t get to the bedrooms. Nonetheless a bit of attention to the beer rings on the bedroom units would not go amiss.

Happily,there are plenty of eateries nearby while not on the exact street, as you might decide not to dine at the Dean where the food does need a bit of attention. A rooftop restaurant with lovely night views of the lit up city is a feature. Sadly the daylight brings the unsavoury views of peoples back yards and a breakfast that does not come up to the mark and is expensive.

Room Tip: Accessability could be a problem
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

This hotel would normally be out of budget for one night but it was booked as a special treat and I’m delighted we went with it.
From arrival to departure we had no complaints at all. The service and welcome from all staff was perfect, with particular thanks to the gentleman at the reception, Marty I think. He made our stay run very smooth indeed, nothing was too much for him at all.

We had booked the ‘Treat Yo’self Too’ package only 10 days before coming which was a Hi-fi dual aspect room and included cocktails on arrival and breakfast. The cocktails arrival cocktails were brilliant. We went with the Vulcano (as recommended by the staff) and Sophie’s Swizzle both of which were delightful. Breakfast happened to be the best idea after staying out in Temple Bar area much later than expected.

The room (room 212) was quirky, industrial and spacious. The room had everything you needed from bathroom accessories to ear plugs if required. The little touches such as the record player which we used constantly (didn’t even switch the huge tv on in the end) and the coffee machine which delighted my friend given he’s used to that at home. The shower was awesome, could have stayed in there all day.

We were advised on check in that we may need to book a table for breakfast, which I totally forgot. However I rang up in the morning and they said to just come up. It was super quiet but it allowed us to take in the lovey views from the top of the hotel. He breakfast was served swiftly and was lush, just what we needed. We also sneaked a look around the roof top bar before we went back down to our room. That roof top bar is a craicing little spot.

We caught the AirCoach from the airport when we arrived and walked from O’Connell Bridge to the hotel after breakfast which was North of the river so probably took us 15/20 minutes to walk.
We walked to Temple Bar in the evening which probably took 15 minutes but caught a taxi back which cost about €11. We also walked to the Guinness Storehouse which seemed far away last time I came but only took us 20/25 minutes. We caught the 757 Bus back to the airport which is just around the corner. So in my opinion it’s perfectly situated for city centre if you like a little walk through which we did.

This is the first stay in a hotel we have had together and both separately said it was probably the best hotel either of us had stayed in. I definitely made the right decision booking this place and provided I had the money, I would definitely book here again. It’s very rare to find a hotel where you would be more than happy to spend your entire trip inside without venturing into the place you’ve come to visit and that’s exactly the feeling we got from The Dean. Our stay was outstanding.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple