All reviews record player rooftop bar smeg fridge cool hotel harcourt street provide ear plugs top floor mini bar nespresso machine quieter room little touches the penthouse light sleeper amazing hotel boutique hotel noisy at night reception area
Reviewed 23 January 2018

I an sure many people will find the hotel exactly to their taste, but maybe I am getting old. The rooms are nice and very quirky. Vinyl records complete with player as well as an old style bathroom are a nice touch. The Hotel is near - very near to a nightclub however the management provide earplugs by the bedside.

The hotel is certainly clean and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Because the hotel is a combination of a number of Georgian era Houses the stairs and lifts tend to go to half levels and that involves more ups and downs t get to the bedrooms. Nonetheless a bit of attention to the beer rings on the bedroom units would not go amiss.

Happily,there are plenty of eateries nearby while not on the exact street, as you might decide not to dine at the Dean where the food does need a bit of attention. A rooftop restaurant with lovely night views of the lit up city is a feature. Sadly the daylight brings the unsavoury views of peoples back yards and a breakfast that does not come up to the mark and is expensive.

Room Tip: Accessability could be a problem
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

This hotel would normally be out of budget for one night but it was booked as a special treat and I’m delighted we went with it.
From arrival to departure we had no complaints at all. The service and welcome from all staff was perfect, with particular thanks to the gentleman at the reception, Marty I think. He made our stay run very smooth indeed, nothing was too much for him at all.

We had booked the ‘Treat Yo’self Too’ package only 10 days before coming which was a Hi-fi dual aspect room and included cocktails on arrival and breakfast. The cocktails arrival cocktails were brilliant. We went with the Vulcano (as recommended by the staff) and Sophie’s Swizzle both of which were delightful. Breakfast happened to be the best idea after staying out in Temple Bar area much later than expected.

The room (room 212) was quirky, industrial and spacious. The room had everything you needed from bathroom accessories to ear plugs if required. The little touches such as the record player which we used constantly (didn’t even switch the huge tv on in the end) and the coffee machine which delighted my friend given he’s used to that at home. The shower was awesome, could have stayed in there all day.

We were advised on check in that we may need to book a table for breakfast, which I totally forgot. However I rang up in the morning and they said to just come up. It was super quiet but it allowed us to take in the lovey views from the top of the hotel. He breakfast was served swiftly and was lush, just what we needed. We also sneaked a look around the roof top bar before we went back down to our room. That roof top bar is a craicing little spot.

We caught the AirCoach from the airport when we arrived and walked from O’Connell Bridge to the hotel after breakfast which was North of the river so probably took us 15/20 minutes to walk.
We walked to Temple Bar in the evening which probably took 15 minutes but caught a taxi back which cost about €11. We also walked to the Guinness Storehouse which seemed far away last time I came but only took us 20/25 minutes. We caught the 757 Bus back to the airport which is just around the corner. So in my opinion it’s perfectly situated for city centre if you like a little walk through which we did.

This is the first stay in a hotel we have had together and both separately said it was probably the best hotel either of us had stayed in. I definitely made the right decision booking this place and provided I had the money, I would definitely book here again. It’s very rare to find a hotel where you would be more than happy to spend your entire trip inside without venturing into the place you’ve come to visit and that’s exactly the feeling we got from The Dean. Our stay was outstanding.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

We had an excellent time at this hotel, very quirky and cool, the room had a good vibe with a vinyl recorder and speakers. We booked through the hotel website to get an exclusive deal for free breakfast and cocktail on arrival, rooftop breakfast was brilliant as well. Hotel is very centre and walk away from anywhere in the city. Get the air coach bus to the hotel from the airport.

The only downside is the flies in Sophie’s were everywhere at breakfast and also after 10pm the food is appalling.

Would deffo recommend staying here if you go Dublin.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

We booked a last minute 1 night stay at The Dean for St. Stephens Day. Arrived to the hotel to check in and we were informed that we had been upgraded to the Devlin Suite as a Happy Christmas gift. The room was amazingly spacious, with a separate living room equipped with a full fridge, couch, tv and record player with a choice of records. The bedroom also had its own fridge and tv and walk in shower and bath, it also had a large balcony too. Great hotel in the center of Dublin, with good food in the rooftop bar- Sophie's, and really delicious cocktails. A lot going on all under the one roof, which meant we didn't even have to leave the hotel. Will be back again very soon!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2018

we’ve just returned from our stay at The Dean, and I can I say what an amazing place it was. Its been a long time since a Hotel has left such a memorable impression on me.

This place was amazing, quirky, different, refreshing even.

the check in was smooth, we had a lovely guy who (i cannot remember his name ) with red hair, very informative and friendly.

Breakfast in Sophies was amazing , we had a classic Full Irish, and Eggs Benedict, and it was fantastic with fantastic surroundings.

We have another place booked for June, but honestly we raved about The Dean so much, we are cancelling to stay here

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple