“Delicious food”

Price range: US$6 - US$59
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Authentic Italian restaurant trading for more than 20 years. Newly relocated to Milltown, Dublin 14. Serving best pizza, superb pasta & meat dishes, great Italian wines in a cosy atmosphere!
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Steps of Rome offers a wide range of options on its menu. There are also many vegetarian dishes to choose from. The people working there were very friendly. The atmosphere of this quaint restaurant is very relaxed. Also it is very conducive for chatting.

CarmenMuresan, Owner at Steps of Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you for your review of our restaurant! Hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Been visited Steps of Rome several times, both in old and new locations. We have no hesitation to highly recommend this restaurant to everyone who want to taste the authentic italian food.
Personally I'm a very big fan of pizza, I tried pizza everywhere around the world but only in few places I had only as tasty as in Steps of Rome.
Also the cold plate started is one of my preferred - always tasty and plenty.
My wife always tries different dishes (mostly fish or sea food) and is always fresh and delicious.
Even if we liked the old location we can only say that the new one is lovely - bigger, cosy and perfect for a couple night out dinner.
The staff is very friendly and always happy to give you an advice about their specials or when you in doubt.
As I said we cannot recommend this enough. Once you'll visit this restaurant once you'll feel in love and stick with it.

1  Thank MariusDub
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Dropped in after work on a Monday evening after work - surprised and impressed to see a big crowd there. For a residential area it was great to see a good restaurant opening. The food is good, a little over priced but service is friendly. Hope to return soon for a longer visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

The food really was very tasty, and they comfortably coped with my wife's gluten free requirements. The staff were very friendly and the restaurant had a really nice welcoming family business feel.
However on a hot evening in June the prosecco was warm and the restaurant was freezing. I hasten to add that I have to take some responsibility, we had tasted the wine, and it wasn't until we poured the second glass that I realised why I wasn't enjoying it. I said it to the waitress who put the bottle in the freezer for a few minutes and it came back marginally better. Equally, when I complained about the room temperature the air conditioning was promptly turned off, but only for about 10 minutes. Later when I couldn't stick it any more I complained a third time, and this time it stayed off, but by that time we were nearly finished.
In other circumstances I would not contemplate returning to a restaurant after such an experience, but the food was so good, and the staff were so pleasant, that I will give it another go, and hope that the problems are just the teething issues of a new restaurant.

CarmenMuresan, Front Office Manager at Steps of Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Thank you Patrick for your review! Hope your next dinning experience with us will be much better. Regards, Carmen

Reviewed 6 June 2017

My colleagues and I have visited this restaurant twice (May when it first opened and gain last week) for lunch and on both occasions we have been impressed by the quality of the food, the value for money (which is rare in Dublin now!) and the attentive staff! I would recommend everything on the menu and we look forward to returning again soon!

CarmenMuresan, Owner at Steps of Rome, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Thank you very much for your kind review! We look forward having you back! Grazie mille!