“Couples dinner - excellent service”
Review of Cafe en Seine

Cafe en Seine
Ranked #371 of 2,857 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Stopped in here for a 2 course meal just after New Year.
Let's get the bad parts out the way first: we stood at the bar for about 2 minutes whilst the lad behind the bar just kept working away putting glasses away. We were the only people at the bar, he definitely saw us. After being patched by that guy we decided to just go straight to the dining area instead of having a drink first.
Second bad point was that my pint glass had lipstick on it when it was brought over, but I can't express how promptly and professionally it was dealt with when I brought it up with our server. I'm almost glad it happened because I got to experience the great service that came with my replacement pint, haha!

I had the pate to start and the gourmet beef burger as a main. The pate was brilliant, really really good. The burger was good too, the chips that come with it are extremely thick cut, if you're a fan of smaller French fry style chips these might not be your taste, they're more like wee roast potatoes!
My partner had the garlic bread and the fish and chips and she tells they were both very good. The small bit of shredded cabbage I stole from her plate was excellent :)

1  Thank callumkelly90
Write a ReviewReviews (1,032)

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

First impression really great! The decor and the atmosphere are really warm and beautiful!
Problems arrived when we ordered our food and wine!
First, we ordered a French wine and they gave us a spanish one. Reason ? They said that the menu was 2 years old so it was not the same items!
The food was not good, no taste at all.
When we asked the Check, there was a mistake (2 cocktails added).

To sum up, nice decor but bad experience.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Fantastic location! Great decor and atmosphere, during daytime suitable for families. Lovely snacks st moderate prices considering the place! Loved everything about it

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

I have never known cafe en seine as being a restaurant until very recently when my employer invited us for the Christmas work dinner. I would not recommend it. Place is way too noisy for a proper meal and the food was VERY disappointing. The portions were ridiculous and when three of us asked for some extra slice of beef we got first a plate of barely cooked veg. It's only when i insisted with our waitress that we got 4 miserable slices of meat...
Everhthing in that place is suited for being a bar/night club. If you're looking for dinner, there are many better options all around at walking distance. Then come here for the rest of the night.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

I have been to Cafe en Seine on a number of occasions, either for coffee or a drink. This time, we decided to have something to eat. The menu was basic but the food was well cooked, albeit slightly bland. Just as well it was served with ketchup and mayonnaise.

But we ordered a bottle of house white wine and were horrified with a bill for €30 - the usual range in Dublin is €18-25 for this. I guess it was our fault for not demanding the full wine menu but for trusting the establishment. Then a family sat down beside us and asked for a children’s menu, to be told that there wasn’t one, and that there were no children’s portions either. They left. The staff appeared uncomfortable, so I imagine that this was not the first time that this had happened. Was it just a Christmas thing?

The venue is popular in Dublin but it’s interesting how the little things start to eat away at the previous high quality of service. It appears that profit rates higher than customer satisfaction. Although it would be interesting to hear restaurant feedback.