“The best fish n chips”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Really the best fish and chips ever even though it was expensive but the quality was the best I have ever eaten. The fries are home made and the portion is really huge. I will go again

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank yannismd
Write a ReviewReviews (1,179)

Reviewed 7 April 2018

We came here for a takeaway on a Friday night after a recommendation from our taxi driver. Nothing special - just your average fish and chips. The staff was really friendly though.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Got our fish and chips here on good Friday and honest to god it was the most disgusting fish and chips I’ve ever had, fish was not fresh and sitting there all day heating up, same as the chips.. barely any salt and vinegar and tasteless. I’d rather eat rubber in future.. and holy Mary mother of Jesus €10.25 for a fish and chips are you having a laugh!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My fiance and I wanted a good fish and chip spot and decided to try Leo Burdock's; we wish we hadn't. The staff was very rude, one even made obscene gestures towards another group of customers and when one customer asked him for silverware his response was "just eat with your hands!" When we arrived we were initially told there was nowhere to sit and had to take the food out but then they grudgingly let us sit and we discovered there were several empty tables. The fish and chips were fresh but very bland and flavorless. The fried sausage was the same. Would not recommend.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

This place was recommended to me by a tour guide who lives in Dublin, and along with that it is also somewhat famous as it has received quite a few celebrity customers (see picture for full list).

While the service was very good and the stag was kind and helpful enough to let us know there was a park nearby where we could eat (take away only), the food itself was average. To be fair though, it is difficult to make fried cod and chips with salt and vinegar have any bursting flavor, but I was expecting something a little more.

If you're nearby and hungry I'd say try it, it's not bad. Remember though that there is nothing Irish about fish and chips as it is an English dish.