“nice place for quick meal”
Review of La Cave

La Cave
Ranked #264 of 2,699 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$16 - US$42
Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South City Centre
Description: Intimate basement bar and restaurant serving over 350 wines and classic French food. First floor function room available free of charge for parties or wine tastings. We hold open social wine tasting evenings and organise private tutored wine tasting events for groups.
Reviewed 11 April 2017

We enjoyed our meal but it is very cramped and difficult to converse in normal way as all the tables are very close together Now it is not cheap but they do a tourist menu but if you add wine this does not work out cheap Did not think the presentation was great and the wine is not cheap probably average in dublin They did arrive with bill and wanted table back for 2nd sitting

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

La Cave is tiny but well worth seeking out. Book ahead to avoid disappointment. The room is dark, red and slightly cramped but don't let that deter you. The food is simply stunning, the service attentive and atmosphere relaxed. If they're on when you go the kidneys are a must, in fact they were the best single dish I've had for a very long time and in my book, worth the airfare alone.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

We found this place quite by accident after a day of sightseeing with a one day bus tour. Exhausted and not really in the mood for a pub scene, we were looking for something different and quieter. This place is right off of Grafton Street which was where the bus tour dropped us off. It is a wine bar- no beer- and offers a 3 course menu for an excellent price. The small cozy atmosphere is low key and the food is exceptional. The wine selection is extensive, with wines from around the world. They offer special wine pairings and tastings every 2 weeks that sell out. I didn't get to go to one but the next time I go to Dublin, if one is being offered I will defiantly try and go.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

I was fortunate enough to get a reservation on short notice for a Friday night AND St. Patrick's Day! I have been enjoying this establishment since 2009! Always great choices, service and ambiance! I have introduced this restaurant to several of my colleagues and all have had a positive experience!
This evening I had the mussels appetizer and the lamb shank. Delicious!

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

This place has a great atmosphere..Very romantic. Small, with reachly decorated red walls. The service is ok and food is good. Regular size portions and good selection of wines. 1 minute walking from Grafton Street, i would recommend it to everyone who is looking for a romantic, hidden place to spend the evening.