“Refreshingly different so wholesome ”
Review of The Boxty House

The Boxty House
Ranked #79 of 2,702 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our restaurant has been at the beating heart of a dynamic, contemporary community for over 25 years. Our customers experience a genuine taste of modern Ireland, full of eclectic talking points and the warmth of that country kitchen down the west. Today, our restaurant caters for up to 2000 local and international customers a week. The relaxed, warm atmosphere provides a natural habitat for conversation to flow easily and to share stories. Come join us in the heart of Temple Bar, and discover what it means to be Irish. Totally Irish.
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Shame we found this on the last day! I couldn't decide so I went for a trio of stew! Not for the faint hearted. It's for a woman who has been on the town all weekend in Dublin and needs a good hearty healthy stew to make the flight home
Thank you so much, will definitely return. Ps my favourite was the Dublin coddle stew. My mum had the corn beef Dumplins it was very special.
The jack smith stout was better than Guinness and that saying something!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,402)

Reviewed 4 March 2017

My kids and my husband have taken several trips to Ireland and whenever they go they HAVE to go eat here. Other than my homemade boxty this is the best. It is in a great old building with a wonderful quant atmosphere. The staff is awesome. Just looking in makes you happy and hungry. When my daughter was in Dublin last year she ate here several times.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

We were new to Dublin and our hotel recommended Boxty as "new Irish "
Fleet St was awash (it was of course raining) with noisy pubs but this one stood out as somewhat more refined. The tasty food was reasonably priced and the service quite good
We will go back

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Too good! Beer is excellent, food is fantastic.
Soup, fish, meal and others are well prepared and delicious.

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

We ate at this little gem on the day we were leaving Dublin and what a way to finish a fantastic trip, all 5 of us enjoyed every mouthful, the boxty fries are amazing and a lovely touch one of our group had a terrible sore throat and the waiter brought her a complimentary hot honey and lemon, cannot beat service of that quality.

1  Thank plod28