“Good food, but not WOW ”
Review of Chapter One

Chapter One
Ranked #4 of 2,805 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$1 - US$147
Cuisines: European, French, Irish, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

We went for lunch on a Wednesday, the food was good, but not wow. The restaurant is in the basement and nicely decorated. The staff are very attentive, perhaps a little too attentive at times for me, particularly at the start. We all enjoyed the food and experience, but it was not wow enough to return.

The wine was delicious; we had the house white.

I have included photos of the starters and you will see all very nicely presented as you would expect.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,087)

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

From the moment you walked in, you would know it is a Michelin star restaurant. The staff were above and beyond with their service. The interior itself is very nice too, in the basement. The food: we availed of the pre theatre menu (€42), for starter I ordered the chicken and veal parfait, which came with pâté and mushrooms, it was very very good. For main I ordered the rib of beef, which was nothing short of exquisite, it came with pure parsnip, smoked bacon and surprisingly potato croquettes, which I appreciated as often the portion sizes in these sort of restaurants are too small, I couldn’t fault the main but if I had to, croquettes were slightly too salty. The reason I did not give 5 stars, the desserts were fairly average, I ordered the chocolate Mouse which I didn’t enjoy at all, there was no other good dessert options either. All in all very attentive staff, great food! I would definitely recommend

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

The whole experience here was fantastic from start to finish , the food, service and ambience, couldn’t say enough good things about this restaurant

2  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed 29 January 2018

. Food is good without being spectacular. Nice ambiance. Enjoyable evening. Friendly and knowledgable staff. Food is good without being spectacular.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch at chefs table for my son's 18th birthday. Chefs in kitchen involved our 13 year old son and 16 year old daughter with my son in plating up. The chefs table is a special and memorable experience. Food is excellent and great variety with the chefs table. We went for recommended accompanying wines which were super. ( only downside was being a bit tipsy at end of night!) All the food is Irish produced and sourced.