“Worth the wait for a booking” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2,528 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$1 - US$147
Cuisines: Irish, European, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the wait for a booking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Unbelievable tasting menu. I just wish you coculd get a table more often. The food is to die for, staff friendly and a look inside the kitchen at the end of our meal was a nice touch. Ross is a gentleman.

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Really really special ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I came here for a (belated) Christmas present as part of our weekend in Dublin. I've been to a few good restaurants and this one was one of the top few. The atmosphere was very pleasant - it wasn't too loud and the lighting and decor was perfect. I had a rhubarb and custard cocktail which was delicious- it sounds as if it should be sweet and sticky but it had quite a kick. We had the 4 course meal, and every course was delicious. The service was great and overall it was good value for money. Would definitely recommend.

Ireland
“Great spot for that special occassion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a long awaited return visit to Chapter One during the week for a leisurely lunch. The warmth of the greeting and quality of service from start to finish is absolutely top class & leaves you with a really good feeling.

As it transpired it was a very busy lunch service with a mixture of business lunches, tourists in town for the St Patrick's Day festivities and a few like ourselves having a relaxing lunch.

Starters consisted of cured duck, with celeriac and foi gras shavings for myself and a light smoked haddock 'chowder' with dill oil for herself. Both dishes were stand out. For mains I opted for the monkfish which I am sure was meant to come with crab but instead came with mussels which added to much liquid to the plate & then washed out the accompanying sauce. For me it was rather disappointing and subsequent dishes to other diners seemed to come without the mussels & looked much better! Herself had the stuffed rabbit leg with a warm mushroom tart which was excellent. The dishes came with a side of barley risotto and baby croquette potatoes with I believe gruyere cheese - the latter were tasty the former a bit flat to taste.

There is an excellent wine list as you would expect and they are also promoting a great selection of Irish spirits reflecting the range of quality products which are now widely available - nice touch.

Apart from my rather disappointing main course, the rest of the experience was most enjoyable and we look forward to a return visit over the summer.

• Visited March 2017
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TravelwithGar
Norway
“Amazing food, but..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

So we decided to try a number one on Tripadvisor as we have never tried it before. The service at the restaurant was good when we arrived and when we were getting our food. But after that we were kinda forgotten. I tried to get some contact with the staff while waiting for my wife to change on our kid, but i felt ignored. When she came back we got noticed.

But the time they took attention to us they treated us good.

So about the food, it was amazing. Everything was delicious and the two alcohol-free drinks we ordered was good aswell. All in all a good experience and the atmosphere and temprature was good.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Unprofessional and slightly bizarre experience ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Staff created a scene when we arrived and they could not find our reservation. I was asked to show the number I called on my cell. Which I did but management asking to prove that we called is ridiculous. Ran out after us to see the number accompanied by person asking us questions who we think was a customer. It was a circus. I personally believe this had to do with dress code which honestly after our long day of travel I forgot what we looked like...decent but not upscale. I travel frequently and fine dine.. had staff said I am sorry but we have a dress code..no problem. But they pretended not to have our reservation then make a scene. I don't like scenes that is why I was walking away only to be chased outside. It was bizarre and bottom line I don't like my time wasted. Why were they insisting on us proving we called on our phone when we are not getting a table anyway? Why is some random customer who was walking in when we left now involved in getting to the bottom of our reservation? Maybe it is the New Yorker in me but move it along..do not make a scene.. I have no time for such nonsense. In the meantime we went to Buckley for a great steak dinner..highly recommend.

4 Thank kmberle