“Late lunch or early dinner if only!!”
Review of Roly's Bistro

Roly's Bistro
Ranked #236 of 2,931 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$6 - US$48
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Description: Roly's Bistro opened in Dublin in November 1992 and quickly became one of the city's busiest and best loved restaurants. Its reasonably-priced menu and wine list together with a casual, light-hearted atmosphere made it an instant hit with everybody from romantic couples to families, from business executives to local and visiting celebrities. Today, a team of 27 chefs serve freshly-cooked food to over three thousand people a week without compromising on quality and standards. Fresh heated bread is baked daily in the bakery.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On reading sign of business hours outside Roly's at 16.10 I walked in to book a table for 2. Blonde haired hostess was on phone walked straight past me and did see me standing! After finishing call she turned her back to me. Eventually after I said hello she turned around with the sour look and said lunch was over and No dinner until 6pm. Board outside had Lunch 12-5 Dinner 6-9. This hostess needs to retrained on how to be nice and welcoming and also be up to date on times displayed. Sadly will not be returning if this is the standard of service. Pity because other staff have always been nice.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,470)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We met some friends at Roly's for dinner. Reservations were hard to get as they booked well in advance. The food, atmosphere, and location were great. Dinner was good and the menu was broad, so there was something for everyone. Of course, there is a full bar and they seemed to do a great job with all the drink requests. There was an award-winning, all men's a capella choir drinking and socalizing in the bar area the night we were there. The men were singing and we had a great time listening to them. Overall, we had a fun evening at Roly's.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Hadn’t been for a few years but glad to say it’s still as good as ever - food , service, atmosphere- all great - a true Dublin tradition

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

I knew the take away (which I loved(, i discovered the “upstairs restaurant “ on a special private occasion: and I was stunned. The entrée : duck liver and chicken terrine was a real treat, followed by an Irish lamb and vegs pie above my expectation, served with a trilogy of vegetables. Last was the cheesecake, well served, but not the best I had. Good selection of wine. Being French: we were offered bread to start, but no butter, and our bread plate vanished just as the entree arrived. Pitty.

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

I have been visiting Roly’s three or four times a year for over 20yrs now. Food is still very good... Had an 8oz Fillet with béarnaise .. Frozen bought in Chips !!!!!! Come on lads... “Home Cut” ... Front of House Management not a patch on days gone by... A restaurant like Roly’s needs a Manager/Managers with a bit of pep in there step .. Nobody form management check our table... Waited 25min for Wine and water order to arrive. You put a extra charge on your Bills for service (Service Charge!!!) I like to leave a Tip for good service... Would not leave a Tip for last nights service. Good Food.... Poor management.