“Lovely lunch, surprisingly substantial”
Review of Roly's Bistro

Roly's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Roly's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 2,701 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$6 - US$49
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Description: Roly's Bistro opened in Dublin in November 1992 and quickly became one of the city's busiest and best loved restaurants. Its reasonably-priced menu and wine list together with a casual, light-hearted atmosphere made it an instant hit with everybody from romantic couples to families, from business executives to local and visiting celebrities. Today, a team of 27 chefs serve freshly-cooked food to over three thousand people a week without compromising on quality and standards. Fresh heated bread is baked daily in the bakery.
Reviewed 13 April 2017

Busy restaurant, great atmosphere and service. Lunch was very well cooked and surprisingly substantial

Write a ReviewReviews (2,266)

Reviewed 12 April 2017

I went her for an evening meal with my wife. Its is an upstairs restaurant and we were met by the maitre-d who took us to our tables. I had a starter of scallops followed by a main of duck. Both were superb and delicious albeit 3 scallops on a plate with some dressing was rather miniscule. My wife had a starter off goats cheese on lettuce and a main of lamb stew in puff pastry. I had a beer and my wife had a glass of wine. She was disappointed in her food and thought it more in keeping with pub grub. The bill was staggering for the two courses at nearly €100 including service charge. The staff were very helpful and attentive. Unfortunately we wont be running back anytime soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

A very nice breakfast in the cafe on Sunday, great location for a nice stroll through Herbert park Sunday Food Market to work off the brekkie after.

I have been for breakfast here a few times over the years, it's always very busy especially on a Sunday and the staff cope very well.

On this occasion I had the Eggs Benedict with Salmon, which was superb.

Only downside is it's a bit hectic, but I suppose that's what you get on a Sunday morning in one of the most popular places around!
The cakes are just awesome, I got one to take away!
The Coffee is excellent.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

In my most recent visit (April 2017) Roly's lived up to my high expectations. We were lucky enough to get a late lunch booking and just made it before the last midday sitting at 3.p.m. We were not, however, made to feel rushed in any way. On the contrary, the service was as professional and helpful as always. We both had the chicken from the set lunch menu. It was excellent as were the trimmings. Excellent house Chablis. Excellent service. I am glad that it serves large bottles of mineral water. (I hate restaurants that only serve the little ones.) As always, there was an excellent choice of desserts. By the way, we also had breakfast the following morning - you cannot get this is the restaurant proper, but it is available in the downstairs section which is less formal than the upstairs. If you are in Dublin, this is by far the best place to have breakfast.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Very busy restaurant. Great food, plenty of options and great service. Will definitely be back soon.