“Tasty breakfast in the Cafe”
Review of Roly's Bistro

Roly's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Roly's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 2,701 Restaurants in Dublin
Price range: US$6 - US$49
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Description: Roly's Bistro opened in Dublin in November 1992 and quickly became one of the city's busiest and best loved restaurants. Its reasonably-priced menu and wine list together with a casual, light-hearted atmosphere made it an instant hit with everybody from romantic couples to families, from business executives to local and visiting celebrities. Today, a team of 27 chefs serve freshly-cooked food to over three thousand people a week without compromising on quality and standards. Fresh heated bread is baked daily in the bakery.
Reviewed 11 April 2017

A very nice breakfast in the cafe on Sunday, great location for a nice stroll through Herbert park Sunday Food Market to work off the brekkie after.

I have been for breakfast here a few times over the years, it's always very busy especially on a Sunday and the staff cope very well.

On this occasion I had the Eggs Benedict with Salmon, which was superb.

Only downside is it's a bit hectic, but I suppose that's what you get on a Sunday morning in one of the most popular places around!
The cakes are just awesome, I got one to take away!
The Coffee is excellent.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,266)

Reviewed 11 April 2017

In my most recent visit (April 2017) Roly's lived up to my high expectations. We were lucky enough to get a late lunch booking and just made it before the last midday sitting at 3.p.m. We were not, however, made to feel rushed in any way. On the contrary, the service was as professional and helpful as always. We both had the chicken from the set lunch menu. It was excellent as were the trimmings. Excellent house Chablis. Excellent service. I am glad that it serves large bottles of mineral water. (I hate restaurants that only serve the little ones.) As always, there was an excellent choice of desserts. By the way, we also had breakfast the following morning - you cannot get this is the restaurant proper, but it is available in the downstairs section which is less formal than the upstairs. If you are in Dublin, this is by far the best place to have breakfast.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Very busy restaurant. Great food, plenty of options and great service. Will definitely be back soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Was booked in for a group of 5 dinner after a meeting. Never been before. On arrival we were promptly escorted upstairs to our table. A little bit cramped with tables close together, but an excellent atmosphere

Menu choices were wide enough to satisfy most tastes, food when presented looked very nice with excellent flavours and textures. Wine choices were on a wide spectrum of choice, quality and price allowing for reasonably priced dining as well as for pushing-the-boat-out spoiling and indulgence.

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Four of us booked in to the Café part of Rolys on a Sunday evening as my Dad had eaten in the restaurant previously and enjoyed it. We opted for the Café for a more informal dining experience as we knew we'd have been out and about in Dublin all day. I believe the menu is less extensive than the restaurant menu but that's not a bad thing, easier to make a decision!

I wouldn't normally opt for bread to start but when we walked in the smell of freshly baked break was all around a smelled fantastic so decided to go for it - was really not disappointed in my choice when I was served a selection of 4 warm breads with olive oil, balsamic and pesto to dip. Could easily have eaten a loaf it was that lovely! The soup also got rave reviews alongside the antipasti platter.

For main I had the Dublin Bay Scampi. Genuinely the best Scampi I have ever had, tasted so fresh and meaty and was a very generous portion with some nice tartar sauce. The fish pie also looked and apparently tasted fantastic.

For dessert you can pick to have various small portions of the fresh cakes that the bakery makes which was a great idea. We had 6 between us and they were all fantastic - you get a reasonable size amount but small enough that you can try the others! Would whole heartedly recommend all of them but the malteaser mousse was the favourite.

Overall this was a great dining experience and also very reasonable for the quality of the food. If I were in Ballsbridge again I would not hesitate to return.

2  Thank Beem10