“Disappointing birthday dinner” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Roly's Bistro

Roly's Bistro
Ranked #83 of 2,527 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: French, Irish, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Roly's Bistro opened in Dublin in November 1992 and quickly became one of the city's busiest and best loved restaurants. Its reasonably-priced menu and wine list together with a casual, light-hearted atmosphere made it an instant hit with everybody from romantic couples to families, from business executives to local and visiting celebrities. Today, a team of 27 chefs serve freshly-cooked food to over three thousand people a week without compromising on quality and standards. Fresh heated bread is baked daily in the bakery.
“Disappointing birthday dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We've just returned from a birthday dinner for my mum. 7 of us visited the restaurant to spoil her but unfortunately we've been left sorely disappointed.
The service was very poor, took forever to get anything. My dad had the dover sole and ordered a side of fries, he nearly had his fish finished before his side arrived, after we'd asked mike times.
One waiter in particular was downright rude, grabbing dessert menus from our hands when we asked to see the set menu choices (to compare).
Food was generally good but service seriously let this famous establishment down.
We will not return.

• Polish first
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“A taste of Ireland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wonderful atmospheric venue with varied menu cooked superbly.
Staff friendly and relaxed making the experience delightful.

malibu
“Outstanding lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Pitched up for lunch with my wife and her sister. Seated upstairs at a lovely table on a very busy Friday. Three course lunch for 28 euros. Lots of choice and large quantities. I had the Dover sole ( for which there was a modest surcharge) and it was exquisite. My companions had pork and pot pie and pronounced both to be excellent. Deserts were outrageously good. Service was professional and friendly. We walked away shaking our heads at the value for money we had received. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Dublin, Ireland
“Good Food, Great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very enjoyable food , in great surroundings , with a fantastic service. Roly's never fails to delight and would recommend to all and sundry!

• Visited March 2017
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dublin, Ireland
“Just an example of how excellence CAN actually be achieved consistently”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been going to Rolys for its 25 year existence. In that time I can't remember one bad meal. I know this may sound strange but such is the consistency and wonderfulness of this restaurant. I have also recommended it to so many people - knowing that my recommendation was 'safe' and the people would absolutely enjoy the best, in its category, restaurant in Dublin/Ireland. There are so many good dishes that I don't want to recommend just one, so I will have to pass responsibility to you to see for yourselves.
So thank you to everybody at Rolys

• Visited February 2017