“Loved it ”

Mary's Bar & Hardware Shop
Ranked #360 of 2,724 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Description: Mary's Bar and Hardware Shop is located just off Grafton Street. It feels like you're stepping right out of the city centre and right into a pub in rural Ireland. Wooden floors, a full stock of hardware available to purchase, trad music on the occasional night, pints of plain and platters of toasties.
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Great little bar. Quirky and busy really enjoyed the drinks and atmosphere. There is a burger bar downstairs which has lots of space and is unexpected. We just had drinks and really enjoyed our visit.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

I'm a native Dubliner and met friends from abroad here. I'd never heard of it to be honest. I was pleasantly surprised - we went downstairs to the bar had drinks and played Jenga, connect four and a few other games that I used to play before iPads. It was a totally different night out. Theres also a Wow Burger cafe downstairs we didn't eat there it was packed. Staff lovely.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Popped in last to try Mary's
Average at best
No leadership on the floor
Glasses all over the place
Pouring beer into any available glass
Any brand into any glass .
Won't be back

2  Thank Morganryan286
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Every time we visit Dublin this is the first bar we visit, in fact we sometimes visit Dublin just to go to this bar! Now it's not for everyone but if your a no nonsense, non herbal tea drinker, not looking for a vast food menu kind of person then it's for you! Great witty Dublin banter-can't wait to have a pint on the may bank hol

Reviewed 13 March 2017

We had no interest in the rugby and neither did most people sitting down the back away from the TV. But for some reason, there was a TV at the top of the stairs which meant that you had to push through a big group of people standing up watching the match to get to the bar to get a drink. There were plenty of pubs in Dublin showing the rugby and I really thought Mary's would be a nice escape from it, I've never noticed them showing sport before.
Also they're now serving the burgers from Wowburger upstairs, even though there's a huge seating area in Wowburger downstairs. It just seems like they're moving away from all the things people liked about Mary's when it opened - no TV, no food and just a good place to have a drink and a chat with friends. I won't be in a rush back, which is disappointing for me as I always really loved it.

1  Thank Beanie14