“lovely hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
birmingham
“lovely hotel”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We arrived on an early flight and decided we'd try our luck dropping our cases off at approx midday, the receptionist informed us that we were fine to check in which was excellent and welcome news after the ryanair "cattle crossing".
Room was clean, neat and great value for money.
Breakfast was also well presented and enjoyable.
Would stay there again

Room Tip: breakfast was advertised to prebook at 14 euros ......... we found when we were there and asked for...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
Washington, DC
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed for three nights at a very good price ( 147euros total for 3 nights including breakfast). The room was exceptionally clean. It was comfortable and contained all of the amenities that I needed. The layout of the room was also good. The bathroom was very clean as well. The bathtub and shower were great: plenty of hot water and very good water pressure. I had booked the room based on reviews here on Tripadvisor and the very good rate. I was not disappointed. The decor is modern and clean. THe staff were very helpful and efficient. I thought the breakfast was very tasty with a fairly wide variety of items. It was buffet style but they were also able to prepare eggs to order. The location is good...a nice walk down O'connell street to the Grafton street area. Free wifi was available in the lobby and breakfast area. In the room there is not wireless but a cable is provided to access the internet which was also free. I would definitely stay here again. I only have one very minor complaint. The shower curtain, when wet, had a very slight musty smell. It was very minor and barely noticeable. I did not mention this to the front desk but suspect if I had they would have taken action.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Shannon, Ireland
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Stayed at the Maldron hotel for one night. The room was modern and clean. The rooms look exactly as they do on the hotel website. The TV had a good few channels and had a clear signal. The hotel has wifi. Breakfast was included and it as very good. It's buffet style with lots to choose from.

Had dinner at the hotel as well, was very nice & great value, two course dinner for only 12.99euros.

They have 7 parking spots below the hotel, costs 10euros to park for the night. If it's full there's a car park near by. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My thanks to Ricardo and Lupe and one other fellow I can't remember. They are all very very professional and able to satisfy any need. When I first Arrived we determined my booking was wrong and that it was for 3 seaparte rooms when in fact I needed only 1 room for three people. We had jsut finished a long flight and I was in no mood to deal with booking issues. Lupe was very friendly and listened to all my comments(even the dumb ones) and helped tremendously to sort it all out.
Ricardo was great always helpful in making sure I had access to coffee at 5am for the cab ride to the airport on our day returninh home.
This location is centarl to Dublin and the front desk has some ofthe best staff I have ever seen, and I have been alot places seen alot of things!!
Well done everyone at front Desk at Maldron Parbell SQuaree, Dublin !! Mr Philip, a staff dinner is in order !!!!!

Room Tip: Call the hotel and do it direct. My internet attempt ended up wrongfully booking me three separate r...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This hotel is well located just off Parnell Square. The Aircoach is within 5 minutes walk away, and the cinema and Gate Theatre are close at hand. We were able to walk to loads of attractions, but there are lots of bus stops close by if you don't enjoy walking. The reception staff were all extremely helpful and friendly, and the rooms well equipped, comfortable and clean. We were really pleased that we chose the Maldron

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends