“Exceptionally good restaurant”
Review of I Monelli

I Monelli
Reserve with OpenTable
I Monelli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 2,702 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ivano's and Gianni's philosophy and passion for food was cultivated at childhood and developed while working for some of the most renowned establishments in the world. Gianni, Ivano, Attilio and their team strive to make dishes that fulfil a true Italian's most essential senses - exceptional tasty but simple food, beautifully presented in austere but welcoming surroundings. Ingredients are sourced from around Ireland and Italy interpreng dishes from Calabria, Puglia, Sicily and Sardinia, and reach further into the Mediterranean with Moorish influences revealing dishes with bold yet clean and distinct flavours.
Reviewed 13 March 2017

We have been in this restaurant various times since they opened and each time we have had different fresh made delicious Italian dishes. Excellent service, attention to detail, fantastic aperitifs and wine. Great ambiance and setting. I have traveled around the world and I have been in various types of restaurants and I must say that love this restaurtant

Attilio S, Proprietario at I Monelli, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2017

Thank you so much Beatrice. We love.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

We had a lovely three course meal here recently. The waiting staff were very friendly and helpful, and everyone who served us was of Italian origin.

I had scallops to start which were delicious, but were surpassed by the seafood linguine for main course, which was the special that particular night.

For dessert I had a pesto panaccotta which was unusual, but worked really well!

Overall, it was a really enjoyable evening and reasonably priced for the quality of food on offer. It was approx €120 for a table for two enjoying a three course meal with a bottle of wine. Thoroughly recommended!

Attilio S, Proprietario at I Monelli, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2017

Thank you so much Gerry. See you soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely dinner here last week. Food was very well presented and tasted delicious. Wait staff were friendly. We were not rushed and the owner came over to speak to us a number of times. We will definitely make a return visit.

Thank you, Grazie. See you soon

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

We had an early bird dinner. I can not overemphasize how good it was. We will be in Dublin for another two months and plan to go back once a week. Fabulous food, lovely people. Great house wine at 23 euros a bottle. Every course was wonderful. Can't say what to eat because everything was so good. Looking forward to raking friends there.

Attilio S, Owner at I Monelli, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Thanks for the lovely review

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Ate here this evening and had a very enjoyable experience
Lovely ambience beside canal, excellent service from Gianni and his all Italian staff , very tasty food and great Italian wines
Hope to return soon