“Making the perfect holiday”

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin
Ranked #18 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 10 December 2017

From the moment we stepped through the door to start our stay in Dublin to when we finally picked up our luggage to leave, our holiday, centered around the Radisson Blu Royal (and a "special" birthday celebration, to boot) we found that absolutely everything was perfect in every respect: everything was, or was, made right, from the flowers ordered beforehand for the room and the delicious birthday cake from the kitchen - for which a very big thank you - (and the lovely celebration meal in the Brasserie Verres en Vers, afterwards) to Bellinis at the bar before hitting Dublin city.
For dinner, roasted and smoked? garlic heads with breads made a spendid appetizer and the two steaks we had were cooked to perfection; mushrooms in puree (and pickled) made an excellent foil and the cream that accompanied the dish gave an entirely new twist to the idea of "ice-cream". As neither of us could decide on puddings we decided to have all of them: including a marvellously dense and sweet carrot cake and shortbread with ice-cream. (My favourite!)
The wine-list was impressive, judiciously selected and sensibly priced too.
The breakfast buffet was extraordinarily appetizing, ranging from continental pastries to whatever one wanted in the way of a traditional Irish cooked breakfast. To do it full justice, three tummies would have been required. The black-, and white-puddings were excellent. And, of course, everything inbetween. Really, really good.
The room was very comfortable and just right for our stay, combining home-comfort with elegance and style: the chocolates offered every night were a special treat. And, of course, the paper every morning. A slight problem with the shower was dealt with efficiently, expeditiously and with very good grace. (The room had a walk-in shower and large bath.) The quality of amenities cannot be faulted - broadband came in useful, too.
This hotel makes a particular and very evident point of wanting 100% customer satisfaction in every aspect of the services it provides. This is no small promise, or challenge to make, and so it was especially gratifying to find this promise fulfilled everywhere we turned. The friendly doorman, the waitresses (especially) at dinner and breakfast, kitchen and domestic staff, all the way up to senior management all, and without exception exhibited this commitment to service and customer satifaction. Top marks all 'round: I really want to say "thank you" to all concerned for making the perfect holiday.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu
Adam_Royal, Sales & Marketing Executive at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear Dr James H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Dublin. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your wonderful feedback.

We hope to welcome you back next time you visit Dublin.

Warm regards,
Hannah Cunningham, Sales & Marketing Executive.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,348)

Reviewed 7 December 2017

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu
Adam_Royal, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Reviewed 5 December 2017

i accidentally put the wrong date in when booking a room in this hotel. I only realised when I received the booking notification by email and noticed that I had the wrong date on it and had actually selected todays date, as opposed to tomorrows. I immediately emailed through booking.com to try cancel the reservation or take the same room the following day. (they subsequently did not have availability for the same room the following day) I made the booking quite late (about 11pm at night) so it was highly unlikely that the room would have been reserved by anyone else that evening.

I emailed the hotel through the site and requested flexibility / refund and I was refused. I then called the hotel, who then thought about it and subsequently refused citing policy!! They offered a discount on a future reservation but didn't clarify what that means...

Bad business guys!! As a regular business traveller who stays in Dublin several times a month, I am more than put off by your approach!!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank edwarddublin2014

Dear edwarddublin20147,

Thank you for leaving a review of your experience.

I'm sorry your issue was not resolved in a manner you would have expected.

Our Front Office Manager would like to hear from you directly in relation to this issue.
His email address is adam.zakharides@radissonblu.com.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Location was good, quite residential street, but close to bars and restaurants. Room was nice, good modern bathroom with separate bath and shower, comfy bed, good sound proofing. Decent breakfast.

One thing I found really annoying: I'm more than happy to pay a premium for drinks in the mini bar, but in their wisdom, they had emptied the mini bar. All I wanted was a quick beer in my room (the point of the mini bar), I called down to reception and they wanted to charge an additional 5 Euro delivery fee for one beer, that they could have just kept in the room.

I also had a pre-paid room rate which I booked months ago, the hotel were supposed to take full pre-payment at the time of booking (as stated in my confirmation), however they forgot, slightly annoying as I had to go through my bank statements to make sure they weren't charging me twice.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Markyrn

Dear Markyrn,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am sorry to hear that you had an issue with your reservation not being charged in advance of arrival and that this was an inconvenience for you. We certainly want our guests to have a stress-free check-in and I'm sorry this was not the case for you.

I am glad though that you enjoyed our central Dublin location and that you liked the bedroom.

We hope you choose to stay with us again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Modern well priced hotel for city centre location. Excellent rooms and facilities. Bathroom excellent Breakfast selection also plentiful and of good quality. Staff both courteous and helpful throughput.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnU8862QG

Dear johnU8862QG,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am pleased to see that you had a nice time with us and to hear that the staff were courteous and helpful throughout your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,