2,544 results
All reviews a business class room golden lane temple bar great hotel patrick's cathedral dublin castle grafton street separate shower rain shower junior suite great bathroom walk in shower modern hotel nespresso machine breakfast buffet within walking distance quiet area
Reviewed 5 December 2017

i accidentally put the wrong date in when booking a room in this hotel. I only realised when I received the booking notification by email and noticed that I had the wrong date on it and had actually selected todays date, as opposed to tomorrows. I immediately emailed through booking.com to try cancel the reservation or take the same room the following day. (they subsequently did not have availability for the same room the following day) I made the booking quite late (about 11pm at night) so it was highly unlikely that the room would have been reserved by anyone else that evening.

I emailed the hotel through the site and requested flexibility / refund and I was refused. I then called the hotel, who then thought about it and subsequently refused citing policy!! They offered a discount on a future reservation but didn't clarify what that means...

Bad business guys!! As a regular business traveller who stays in Dublin several times a month, I am more than put off by your approach!!!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank edwarddublin2014
Adam_Royal, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Dear edwarddublin20147,

Thank you for leaving a review of your experience.

I'm sorry your issue was not resolved in a manner you would have expected.

Our Front Office Manager would like to hear from you directly in relation to this issue.
His email address is adam.zakharides@radissonblu.com.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Location was good, quite residential street, but close to bars and restaurants. Room was nice, good modern bathroom with separate bath and shower, comfy bed, good sound proofing. Decent breakfast.

One thing I found really annoying: I'm more than happy to pay a premium for drinks in the mini bar, but in their wisdom, they had emptied the mini bar. All I wanted was a quick beer in my room (the point of the mini bar), I called down to reception and they wanted to charge an additional 5 Euro delivery fee for one beer, that they could have just kept in the room.

I also had a pre-paid room rate which I booked months ago, the hotel were supposed to take full pre-payment at the time of booking (as stated in my confirmation), however they forgot, slightly annoying as I had to go through my bank statements to make sure they weren't charging me twice.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Markyrn

Dear Markyrn,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am sorry to hear that you had an issue with your reservation not being charged in advance of arrival and that this was an inconvenience for you. We certainly want our guests to have a stress-free check-in and I'm sorry this was not the case for you.

I am glad though that you enjoyed our central Dublin location and that you liked the bedroom.

We hope you choose to stay with us again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Modern well priced hotel for city centre location. Excellent rooms and facilities. Bathroom excellent Breakfast selection also plentiful and of good quality. Staff both courteous and helpful throughput.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu
1  Thank johnU8862QG

Dear johnU8862QG,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am pleased to see that you had a nice time with us and to hear that the staff were courteous and helpful throughout your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed two nights for a conference. It’s a hotel with lots of character, nice rooms and very nice food. However, in the bar and restaurant only the maitre d was in any way friendly and the staff were uninterested and unfriendly. Reception staff were very good. Are they over-worked, underpaid, untrained?

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Lee H

Dear Lee H,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay overall, despite the unfriendly employees encountered.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Stayed here with family for one night. we arrived, four of us, two adults, two children but at check in we were advised that we had not booked a family room so we only had one double bed in our room. We had not printed off a copy of our booking so at the time we had no proof that we had in fact booked for four of us! Anyway the reception agreed to give us an extra bed in the room but when we got the bed it was only a single bed. So still only space for three people. In the end that is what we did three in the double bed and one in the single bed. We then tried to use the nearby swimming pool that the hotel advertise as a facility for guests but were told no children allowed in the pool. Hotel website does not make this clear. Breakfast the next morning was excellent, really good choices, well presented and not too busy. The hotel was was spotlessly clean and well located. On returning home we confirmed that we had booked for four people so contacted the hotel who have since compensated us. If they had not mixed up our booking I would easily have rated this hotel four star.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Aatm14

Feedback Thank You,

Dear Aatm14,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am sorry that there was an issue with you booking and that as a result you did not have sufficient space in the bedroom.

I am also sorry that the age restrictions for the gym were not advertised and will speak with our sales team about updating this information.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,