“Quaint and tidy”
Review of Amberley House

Amberley House
Ranked #38 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Lovely old guesthouse in a great location. Not far from O'Connell Street and the Liffey but on a quieter street so there's not much noise from outside (my window was at the back of the building too). The bus from the airport drops you right out the front!
My room wasn't ready when I arrived but there's a bathroom and luggage storage to freshen up. The receptionist was very helpful (and available 24/7).
Room was a decent size, well furnished and a comfortable bed. I was on the top floor (there's no lift) but one of the employees kindly took my bags up for me. The bathroom was modern and clean although the shower is very tiny (I'm 6ft but thin). If you're on the larger side you might not even get in the door!
All round was a pleasant stay and for the price range I would expect nothing more or less - would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have less street noise.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I could not get a hot or even warm shower; further, the staff knows about the problem, which is due to old pipes, or so they said, and they continue to book people. Bad business practices! They said to run the hot water for 5 minutes and I tried for 10 a couple times that night and in the morning. I had traveled all day and was supposed to get on a plane for 12 hours the next day -- I really needed to clean up. Very unhappy about this. Otherwise the place was clean and centrally located so if you don't care about a warm shower, you'll be fine.

Room Tip: Avoid unless you don't care about a shower.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Last month my boyfriend and I took my parents to stay with his parents for the first time and to make the trip a little more special we decided to stay in Dublin for a few days on the way to their home.
We had booked in elsewhere (not sure on Trip Advisor's policy on mentioning other accommodation in a review so won't name names but I've written a lengthy and descriptive review of the revolting place that we were supposed to be staying in).
Essentially we arrived at the accommodation that we had booked and it was just horrendous, we could not stay there. So this meant at 1pm my boyfriend and I were literally running around Dublin and knocking on the door of every guest house that we could find trying to find somewhere for us and my parents to stay.
And we stumbled across Amberley House and it was just heavenly. The staff were wonderful and so professional and friendly and it was so clean and modern and lovely.
I must have been so annoying because I was waiting in their reception for the current guests to check out so that we could go and have a look at the apartment before confirming that we actually wanted it. I was highly surprised that they let us do this but they did, like I said they could not have been any more accommodating.
We were completely honest with them about the debacle we were having and they could have really taken advantage of that and pretty much charged us anything because we didn't really have much of a choice of where to stay but they did not and they still went above and beyond for us.
The apartment was lovely and had balconies and the facilities were brilliant, honestly could not have asked for a better place to stay. It was reasonably priced as well.
I'm very very grateful that they managed to fit us in at such short notice.
Thank you very much!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Good 2 night stay here - really pleasant staff- arrived early from airport and were allowed check in 2 hrs early at no extra cost (rm 22) slight problem with toilet in room- which the hotel tried to fix - when they couldn't completely sort it- they paid for complementary taxi to airport- so well done for that - would return.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Maja M, Manager at Amberley House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear Timmas2,
Thank you very much for your nice review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay regardless the issue in the room that we weren't able to solve during your stay. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
It will be nice to welcome you again.
Kind Regards,
Maja Morawiec
Manager

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed in an apartment, which had a double bedroom and a sofa bed. Slept 4 comfortably as we didn't spend much time in the apartment. Found the location good, staff at the first house were really nice and allowed us to keep our luggage there before and after check in/our. The shower was a bit tempermental with the heat controls and getting it going but was okay once we got the hang of it.
It's a no frills apartment which does what you would expect for am affordable price.
Thanks amberley

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Deasr SleepyheadExeter,
I am glad you have enjoyed our stay at Amberley Apartments. I am sorry if you haven't been shown how to use the electrical shower- which yes can be bit challenging if you haven't use this kind before.
I am happy the staff was nice.
Thank you for all your kind words.

Kind Regards,