US$248
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$250
US$219
  • Restaurant
Clayton Hotel Burlington Road(Dublin)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$172
US$138
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$186/night.

US$298
US$231
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$165
US$151
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$191/night.

US$169
US$156
  • Pool
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$216/night.

Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$108
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$121
US$92
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

US$252
US$208
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Generator Hostel Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$102
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssmall kitcheno'connell streetsecure roombedroom apartmentminute walkcentral locationtop floorconnolly train stationguest houseairport stopson arrivaltwo nightsb and btemple baryour luggagefirst morningbrilliant location
Reviewed 6 June 2017

The Amberley Guesthouse looks nice from the outside, but our room was nothing like the photos posted when we booked! Although the room wasn't dirty per se, it didn't look particularly clean, either. The bed was very uncomfortable (one of those where you can feel every spring) and the shower was incredibly tiny. I suppose those things are tolerable for the price, but the service was very lackluster. We had a run-in with an aggressive and angry doorman on our second night and I would only consider one of the other clerks to be anything approaching friendly. Considering we visited friends at their hostels that were far nicer, had far more amenities, and had much friendlier clerks for about 1/3 of the price (for private rooms too, not dorms!), I would definitely not recommend this spot.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank morgisan
Nina G, Manager at Amberley House by theKeyCollection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear Guest
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at the Kildare Street Hotel. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.
We value your candid feedback and we apologise that we did not meet your expectations particularly our service levels.
I will look into which members of staff that you dealt with and will with our training team to make sure that all standards of customer service are to the levels we set.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

They list their room as 5 person capacity with 4 single beds. You cannot fit 2 people in those small beds, so the 5th person would have to sleep on the floor. They said the room was too small for a rollaway. They do not allow cancellation or refunds - I wonder why? Because the hotel is misrepresented. Avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank YouWhoSilencio

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your review of our property and of your recent experience with us.

Having read your review we immediately investigated your issue regarding the room capacity. We found that this was due to an error in the information the third party website you booked through had displayed. We fully appreciate the inconvenience this has caused you and raised this with the third party as this is not the information we supplied to them.

If you check on our own website you will find all the correct information there.

I hope that on your next visit to Dublin you will choose to stay with us again. It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel!

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Sigh. Well dublin was so so busy I struggled to find a place to stay for my last minute business trip which is how I wound up here. For three nights it was over 500 euros which is very expensive and this place doesn't even warrant 100 euros a night.
First of all when I arrived the very disinterested member of staff on the deak kept me waiting but in a rude way. Then was aggressive and obstructive when I politely explained, several times, that I didn't have the card that the booking was paid for in advance on as it is a business card, not in my name, and my company made the booking for me, eventually she relented but for a minute I almost thought she wasn't going to let me check in,
I was given the key to room 14 which she pointed to as being on the top floor. The next part is not necessarily the hotels fault but it is not made clear on the guesthouse website anywhere that I can find that there is no lift and that the hotel is not suitable for anyone with mobility issues so I didn't know. I do have difficulty with stairs but she explained it was the only room available, so I struggled up there, five floors, I worried about how I would continue to do this for the next 3 days so I called my office and had them enquire if there was an alternative for me. Within minutes I was moved to room 1. Which was on the ground floor. Much better. The lady on the desk moved me and she was much kinder and improved in attitude these few minutes later. Room one was similar to room 14 and although the rooms are clean they are old, shabby, basic, and I'm worried not entirely secure,, especially room 1 with its old sash windows that don't lock, they are beautiful but not practical.
One of my bedside lights was faulty and went off if the cord was touched. The curtains don't completely meet in the middle. The whole decor and finishings are shabby, damaged and old,,the bed however was comfortable.
The tv only has 3 channels and some weird channels that are frozen and have a paused symbol on the screen.
I stayed for 3 nights but the bottles of water were never replaced in my room. I would never recommend this place. Stay away unless you are a student or on a very tight budget and it happens to be cheap when you go. Awful.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Jenny G

Dear Jenny

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at Amberley House & Apartments. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests. We value your candid feedback and we apologise that we did not meet your expectations.

Our staff regularly receive very positive feedback from our customers, so I’m surprised in this case our service has let you down. I will investigate which member of our team served you revise their training plan as we want to make sure all of our guests are made to feel welcome.

While some of our rooms don't have lift access our team should be offering assistance to all of our guests who's room isn't accessible by lift. Were possible and when requested we will do offer room moves to guests to rooms accessible by lift. As you point out the dates of your stay the city was extremely busy and we were unable to offer this.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Spent two nights here and had a great experience. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Guesthouse is a little run down but still clean with character. Beds were too firm for us but depends what you're used to. Great central location and we walked or took a bus everywhere. Breakfast was amazing! Happy with our stay here.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Dear jswack,

Thank you very much for sharing the travel experience you had with Amberley House & Apartments with others here on Booking.com. We really appreciate your positive review.
It was great to read your positive comments on our location, breakfast and team.
I hope that on your next visit to Dublin you will choose to stay with us again. It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back!

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

There were 5 in our group. 1 room had 1 Queen bed, 2 small night stands, and a small closet. There was no room for our luggage so we kept it out in the living room. 2nd room had 1 Queen and 1 twin, I didn't pay too much attention to other details in this room but it apparently had enough room for the 3 roller bags, carry on size. The living room was a little packed with 2 sofas, coffee table, big screen TV, 2 chairs, small dining table with 3 chairs. Small kitchen stocked with basic plates, bowls, cups, pans, etc, microwave, and refrigerator. Bathroom was sufficient with toilet, sink, and shower. Free Wi-Fi access was available, the login information was finally found in the book on coffee table. Continental or full Irish breakfast is available for 8-10 Euro pp per day, we tried it once. It was good and plenty to fill you up. Some in the group didn't care for all of the sausages and the cold beans. We didn't spend a lot of time in the room as we were there to see Ireland. 3 oscillating fans were hidden throughout the apartment, I found one and moved it between living room and bedroom... The others were found shortly before our departure. Towels were replaced every other day, washrags were also provided, not a given in Ireland I guess. We arrived early morning on our check in day and were unable to get in our apartment until 2pm, we were able to store our bags in a closet downstairs from the front desk. We found the accommodations acceptable for our needs. The staff was always very helpful and available 24/7. We chose to leave our apartment keys with the front desk when we left for the day's activities, one less thing to keep track of. They gladly confirmed our day trip reservations and booked us a cab for the ride at 6am to the train station.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing the travel experience you had with Amberley House & Apartments with others here on Tripadvisor. We really appreciate your positive review.

I have asked our maintenance team to review the storage options available in the bedroom for future guests.