“Lovely lunch”

The Merry Ploughboy Irish Music Pub
Ranked #5 of 77 Concerts & Shows in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: The Merry Ploughboy is the only pub in Ireland owned and managed by musicians, and it is the 'hands on' approach from the owners that makes a visit to the Merry Ploughboy the highlight of many people's trip to Ireland. The two hour Irish music & Irish dancing show (which takes place nightly at the pub) has been awarded "Best Dinner/Entertainment Event in Ireland" and the pub is the current "Music Pub of the Year" in Ireland. Owners and musicians, The Merry Ploughboys, have been performing together for 25 years making their show the longest running show in Ireland hosted continuously by the same performers. The pub is located about 20 minutes south of Dublin City centre with complimentary car parking. It is easily accessed by taxi or if you are staying in the city centre we recommend our shuttle transfer service (just 7.50 euro return fare). The transfer by luxury executive coach offers an elevated view of the scenic Southside of Dublin city. After the show, the coach will drop you back as close as practical to your accommodation. Reservations are essential, however online bookings for the dinner & show (and shuttle transfer if required) can be made in real-time on our own website. We operate a "ticketless" booking system. You will receive a unique booking reference number on your email receipt and our floor manager will have all your details when you arrive at the pub.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Had lunch with my daughter and wife on a Monday afternoon. A great and varied menu well priced and well served from helpful staff.

All reviews
in 18 reviews
"ballads"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 24 December 2017

So, while you can hear Irish music in just about any pub in Dublin, we wanted more of a show. So, we made reservations for this show and I have to say that it was a very enjoyable experience.

First, it is a bit outside of town so unless you have a car, you need to sign up for their bus service. Our hotel was right by the pickup point so it worked out fine for us.

When we arrived we were greeted and seated quickly. They place was a well-oiled machine in that we received drinks and our orders were taken quickly. The food menu is limited but that is appropriate for this kind of venue. What was most surprising about the food is that it was actually VERY tasty. The show itself was "the craic" and we really enjoyed ourselves.

One of our party was not able to travel with us at the last minute so I emailed them prior to our trip and requested a refund. I was told to speak with the floor manager on arrival so I expected that no refund would be forthcoming.

Instead and much to my surprise the floor manager knew exactly who I was and offered the refund in cash on the spot. Rather than taking him up on the offer, I ran a tab for our wine and drinks and we settled up at the end of the night. His professionalism in handling this was very impressive since he could have just said, "sorry, no refunds."

So, I have to say that I strongly recommend this show if you are in Dublin and it is totally worth the cost of admission. By the way, it isn't just a dinner show place; it is an actual working neighborhood pub.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

We visited the Merry Ploughman one evening what excellent food great service in a great environment with fantastic music from the adjacent room

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

I was on a CIE tour which has booked this for us while we were on their tour. I had no idea what to expect when we came to the Merry Ploughboy Pub dinner/show! It totally blew us away! The venue is gorgeous and spotless! The food was exceptional! The music is exactly what you want to hear when visiting Ireland! The dancers were amazing, as well! The night is filled with Energy and entertainment! It ‘s like a luau, Irish style! You really feel like you are apart of the culture!