“Excellent informative walk/talk” 4 of 5 bubbles

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Excellent informative walk/talk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

This 2 hour walk was extremely informative about the history,people and places off the beaten track of Dublin city so a really good add on from the hop on/off bus tour and free with that ticket so excellent value but well worth the ticket price if you don't do the bus tour.

Visited February 2012

New York City, New York
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Much More than Meets the Eye”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

I was tired and skeptical but wanted to get as much as I could during the time I had in Dublin. In the 3+ hours of walking with my guide I learned so much more than I otherwise could have. The walk was interesting, well narrated, comprehensive and entertaining. I learned more than I dreamed possible from such a good time.

Leinster, Ireland
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A walking tour that would take you back two centuries!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I took the Georgian Walking Tour of Dublin with Pat Liddy's Tours last November. As it was a dismal day and off season there was one other couple making up an intimate group of four, making the experience more personal.

Firstly their motto 'rain or shine' suggests an upbeat attitude which to the unpredictable Irish weather was certainly true, undeterred by the bitter breeze that day,This area stretches from Trinity College to Merrion Square taking in Grafton Street and surrounding areas built in Georgian times. The tour focuses of this prosperous time in Dublin's history, when many of the fine buildings were built to house the gentry of the time and are still standing today, in all their grandeur, over 200 years later. It gives a fascinating account of the lives and times of the people, both rich and poor, famous and ordinary.

The tour guide, Gerry a native Dubliner embodied the Dublin character very well. A natural born storyteller he relayed tales of the places and the characters from the Georgian ear and beyond. The main stops on the route were Trinity College (you can view the famous Book of Kells here, however there is an extra charge for that), Merrion Square, the Government Buildings, Kildare St, St Stephen's Green and the National Museum.

Some of the characters featured on the tour include Oscar Wilde, James Joyce, Bram Stroker (he wrote Dracula) and some lesser known eccentrics and the odd hangman! The Bog Bodies, housed in the National Museum are part of the 'cast' of famous and infamous bunch!

These tours are well worth the €6 to €12 depending on the tour and duration. Other tours to choose from are Viking/Medieval Quarter & Meet the Mummies, Castle & Cathedral and Dublin's Hidden Corners. You can even call up and arrange a special tour for private and individual group

Added Extra: Don't forget the Walking Tour Tickets also entitles you to meal discounts in Bewley’sCafé and in The Church Café/Bar.

Visited November 2011
Leesburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

A friend and I recently visited Dublin for a few days, and got the general walking tour of Dublin with our passes for the Hop on Hop off bus. Even though I have been to Dublin before, I did not want to let the tour go to waste, and I thought it would be good for me to get a refresher of what I was looking at and the general history. We went on a Saturday morning, the first full day we were in the city. The tour totally exceeded my expectations! Our guide, Samantha was incredibly enthusiastic and knowledgeable, and definitely took the time to get to know each of the members of our tour a little bit, which I thought was very impressive considering the tour was only an hour and a half long! This tour is definitely worth your time and will set you up for an even more enjoyable visit to Dublin!

Dublin
“Excellent review for locals and those travelling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

We have been on both the viking quarter and the Georgian quarter tour. As it happened we had the same tour guide "Samantha" as our guide on both. We both really enjoyed them and found out loads about Dublin. For locals, I learned allot about Dublin that I didn't know. For those visiting, it will help to orientate you with the area. Samantha did an excellent job of personalising the tour with little tid-bits about her own family history of Dublin. We had to change the date of our tour as my other half had to go away for work at the last minute and Pat Liddy (who answered the phone!) was super nice and there was no problem changing the date. My parents will be in Dublin in a few weeks and they plan on doing the highlights tour that is part of the dublin bus "bustour" and I plan on joining them! Very enjoyable.