“Fanastic Tour”

1916 Rebellion Walking Tour
Ranked #12 of 236 Tours in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Dublin's original 1916 Tour founded in 1996 and guided by author Lorcan Collins and other experts in Irish revolutionary history. We run daily tours from the International Bar on Wicklow Street.
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We did this walking tour and it was great. Terrific for history buffs, very informative. Bring your walking shoes and raincoat as you are on your feet for the whole tour, and are out and about all over Dublin.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

I went on the 1916 tour last week while in Dublin. It was great!! Not only did Lorcan know the history of Ireland and its issues, but he was able to connect it to other events around the world. SInce it was my first time in Dublin, the walking tour and his perspective gave me a good understanding of Ireland for the rest of the trip. A visit to Kilmainhem jail gave me a good idea of why my family left many years ago.

4  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Some of those on our tour clearly knew lots about the subject, not me. This was a good introduction, gave me a real feel for the Irish point of view. Also helpful orientation to Dublin. Tour guide loves his subject, is a skilled presenter.

2  Thank Sid1969
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Great walking tour for history and sites in Dublin. Very entertaining. 2 + hours flew by. Very informative and fun.

2  Thank SuMurph
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I took this tour last week with two friends. We are all History students at Maynooth College. The tour was so informative and friendly and we could not believe the two hours or so passed so quickly. Lorcan conducts his tour in a lively, robust and often funny manner, yet he really knows his history and we felt he could go on all day speaking on his subject. Would strongly advise Irish people and visitors alike to take this tour.
Carmel Darcy. Kildare