“Great hotel just out of the city”
Review of Dylan Hotel

Dylan Hotel
Ranked #30 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Everything about the hotel was what we expected; from the great service to the contemporary decor.

A good 20 minute walk from the city centre, but pleasant on a warm, dry day.

Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed 23 March 2012

I stayed in a "Style" room - very nicely laid out and very spacious. Excellent toiletries and plenty of water etc. provided by the turndown service.
A confusing incident happened in the restaurant where the staff seemed unaware of the offer we had. It all got a bit embarrassing at the time, but was subsequently sorted out by the staff member who followed up with my wife. She was assured that the staff would be better informed in future of the details of any offers which are available.
I would definitely go back there - location, ambience, etc. was perfect.
Oh yes, and the espresso Martinis were ridiculously good!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hodkinson
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I stayed for one night at the Dylan and did not enjoy it, our room was really noisey and the bed very uncomfortable the service was really poor we waited 45 minutes for breakfast! I emailed hotel manager to complain and she did not even reply. In dublin I have stayed in much nicer hotels I wanted to give the Dylan a try but it was just a let down.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank margaret305
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Hotel is very well appointed. Everything is top class from the reception staff to the patio areas and interior decor. Plenty towels in room and spotlessly white robes in the closet. Room service was superb. Very quiet too. Room was a little dark. Not a problem for most but I do like a lot of light! Valet parking very efficient. Nothing seemed to be a problem to the staff. I think they make the hotel. So pleasant and without any airs and graces. I would have no problem recommending the hotel. The breakfast was very nice; Eggs Hollandaise, top class but toast was dry and hard! Minor issue but important to note. As a cook I believe the small things matter. All in all I would return and next time request a room in the front of the hotel, where the sunlight was streaming in through the windows of this stunning building. One note, no hair dryer in room but I am sure if I had asked for one it would have been supplied immediately!

Room Tip: Front rooms would get all the sun!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bogland
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Myself and my boyfriend (and small dog) recently stayed in the Dylan for one night and our only wish was that we were staying for longer!!! Cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. Really good location, walking distance to great restaurants,pubs and the city centre. Even though it is so close to the busy areas it is in a lovley secluded and quiet area, no noise disturbance(had the best night sleep). The rooms are lovely, everything you could wish for and the bathroom was very spacious(I loved the shower!). We had room service, which was very prompt and the food was lovely. We both ordered Steak. I found the heated platters great for keeping our plates and food warm, great idea! Also the cocktails were delicious, also great atmosphere around the bar, I think there must have a been a party as it was quite busy, not that it affected service or anything. We found all the staff from reception staff to valet all very polite and friendly. As a person that works in the hotel industry I really must applaud The dylan for it's excellant level of service and its friendliness and warmth of staff, hotels like this are few and far between. Looking forward to returning again in the future!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple