“Great location!”

O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel
Ranked #62 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 11 January 2018

We stayed here with friends in July, 2017. It was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was really good. The location was perfect. We were able to walk to many places, Grafton Street, pubs, etc. and had no trouble getting cabs. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
damiendaly, Front Office Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear Stacey W,

Thank you for your lovely review.I was delighted to read that you had a great stay and that everything was to your liking.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Damien Daly

Write a ReviewReviews (1,413)

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here purely for its location. It is a 5 min walk to st Stephens green shopping center. The hotel is under refurbishment but this did not bother us . On arrival to the hotel we met with a male staff member who was not the most welcoming . He asked us twice for how long we were staying. He seemed distracted and we felt we were a nuisance to him. We just felt like it was a bit of a cold welcome . He told us we could park In the near by car park and in the morning we would get a ticket as there is a reduced price for guests. The room was grand, a bit old fashioned but it was perfect for what we wanted. On check out the next morning we were met with the same male staff member. We asked for the ticket for the car park. He informed us that the car park had not dropped over the tickets that morning , so he had no tickets. He basically told us that the discount was only 50cent, it would only cost us €17.50 instead of €17, and told us “it’s not that much really” He made no offer of telling us to come back when he had tickets or any kind of alternate plan. And there was no apology either . We went to the car park and put in our ticket and €35 came up on the screen. We were very angry and as he had obviously told us wrong information. We rang the hotel and spoke to a lovely women who told us we had to go the car park customer service. We eventually found out (after about 15 mins of asking people and looking) that it was the lower level of the car park , we had to drive down and double park in an awkward area, and blocking other cars, for about 10 mins while we got the issue sorted. My point here is that we had to go out of our way to get this issue sorted when we should not have had to. We paid for a service in this hotel and we left dissatisfied. We felt the male staff member was not helpful one bit and need to refresh himself on how to deal with customers and what good customer service is.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DanielleCorkery
damiendaly, Front Office Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear DanielleCorkery,

Thank you for your feedback.I was sorry to read that you did not have a good experience during your check in/Out at our hotel.I have taken your comments on board so as we can correct the issues you had.

I hope I can get the opportunity to welcome you back to ensure your next stay is great.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Yes, the hotel is undergoing renovation. But we had a great stay, incredibly quiet (even after all the NYE festivities of NYFDublin; attended by half of Europe it seemed) and the staff were uniformly excellent. Hard to be critical of a hotel trying to improve as long as it doesn't put a major wrinkle on your own accommodations and it most certainly didn't. I was frankly amazed at how quiet the hotel was given that it was apparently completely booked for the NYE excitement.

I want to especially acknowledge two members of the staff, Damien at the front desk and Camilla providing breakfast service, for their great service and for simply being personable and friendly. Damien in particular got us in early, did a room change and rate change. After a long international flight all these small touches were not so small, and make us look forward to our next trip to Dublin and this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear tom4300,

Thank you for your wonderful review.I was very happy to read that you had a great stay and that our team members showed you great service.I will pass on your lovely comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the coming months.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Yet another wonderful stay in O'Callaghan's Hotel. Even though the hotel is currently undergoing an extensive refurbishment it did not take away from my stay. The staff were still on hand to greet you with a welcoming and professional manner. The room was lovely and warm which was fantastic coming in out of the cold. The facilities of the room were great and catered for my every need. The beds are huge and linen is soft and clean which is one of the reasons why I love returning to this hotel.

My room was very quiet and I heard no building work noises or loud sounds from my neighbouring rooms.

I would have given a Excellent score but it is hard to do so as the hotel is under refurbishment but as previously stated it did not take away from my stay and I look forward to returning in the new year when the hotel is back to its newer better self.

Thank you to Damien and all the team at O'Callaghan's for a lovely stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the older part of the building to add a more cosy feeling to your stay
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
damiendaly, Front Office Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Dear Conor C,

Thank you for your lovely review.I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay.I look forward to welcoming you back soon.Also I will share your pleasant comments to our team members as I am sure they will be delighted to hear.

see you in the new year.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Been looking forward to this stay for ages as I had invited customers for a night out in Dublin and feel really let down.
The hotel is under construction and should either be shut or sold as a 2 star at max.
Drilling started at 9 and lasted all day.
The restaurant was closed along with the bar.
Last order for drinks was at 9pm.
Rooms were very dated but to be far ok but not 4 star by any means.
Staff tried their best but I could see they were close to madness themselves with the noise.
Managed to get a slight reduction on the four rooms I'd booked but far too little to late!
We were looking for a hotel in Dublin next year for a large sales meeting, it won't be this one!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank Captain-S_1970
damiendaly, Front Office Manager at O'Callaghan Stephen's Green Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear Captain-S_1970,

Thank you for your feedback.I was sorry to read that you did not have a good experience due to renovations in our hotel.I am delighted to see that our restaurant & bar are near completion and I would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back on completion of all of our ground floor area & rooms.

Damien