New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines

Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines
Ranked #104 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Limerick, Ireland
“Not a great experience.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

I read a number of reviews on this site before booking. I had read the comments from the hotel regarding renovations and I most certainly did not have a renovated room.
The matress was very lumpy, I could feel the springs.
The white grout between the tiles was black in the bathroom and some of the tiles had come loose. The sealant around the bath had also gone black in places.
I arrived in the city early so I dropped in my bags at around 1130 and the lady on the desk was very friendly and helpful. I advised her that I would be checking in quite late as I had a number of things to do in the city.
When I did check in after 2200 the staff were very unfriendly and quite abrupt. They certainly did not make me feel welcome.
On the plus side, the location of the hotel is very good. If you don't fancy walking into the city centre, this is a bus stop right outside with a very regular bus service. Taxis arent too dear either. Also I had read about the noise of bells and I did not find that to be intrusive at all.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
michellemanager, Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
Hi Agentblue100,

I am sorry to hear that your experience was not as you would have wished here in Travelodge.

I would appreciate if you could email me directly as I would like here the full details of your stay with us and look into the matter further. My email address is michelle.gaffney@travelodge.ie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2011

This is one of the friendliest hotels we ever stayed in. So clean, rooms are spotless and bathrooms - ensuite. Quiet. Close to everything, restaurants, bars, city center, public transport. The staff are so accommodating, friendly and know everything about the area and the city - at any time of the day or night.

Room Tip: If you really like quiet (that is, do not want to hear the normal street sounds - ask for a courtyar...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
michellemanager, Manager at Travelodge Dublin City Centre, Rathmines, responded to this review, 10 December 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review about our hotel and for your very complimentary words.

I am delighted to see you found our staff to be so friendly and knowledgable and also our rooms to be so clean. I have passed your lovely comments on to all our staff who find great encouragement from nice comments like these.

I do hope you will come and stay with us again in the future.
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

Located in south Dublin inner city this hotel is ideal for those on business or pleasure looking for good quality accomodation at the right price.The rooms are clean and functional and the staff are competent and helpfull and I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for anyone looking for value with a smile.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write this very kind review.

I am delighted to see you would have no hesitation in recommending our hotel to others.

A review like this highlights to our staff that their good work is been both noticed and appreciated and I thank you for this.

We look forward to seing you again in our hotel in the not so distant future.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

The staff at this Hotel are second to non....Friendly, Helpful and know the meaning of Excellent Customer Service.
The rooms are very clean and comfotable, with Tea and coffee supplies etc being replenished daily.
I stayed in many Hotels in Dublin until I discovered Travelodge Rathmines, and now I stay here every visit....which is every 6 weeks!!
The Hotel is a 20 minute stroll from the city centre so avoids all the inner city noise which is a real bonus!.
All in all first class!! Well done to the Management and great staff for making me feel so welcome..a real home from home.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review about our hotel and indeed for you very kind words.

I am delighted to see you rate our Hotel in such high regard. I have passed your lovely comments on to all our staff who find great encouragement from such great comments like these.

Again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again in the not so distant future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

We knew when booking a travelodge that the hotel was not going to be "out of this world" but the travelodge at Rathmines is awful. It is much further out of the ciy centre than it says. We spent most of our weekend on a bus travelling to and from the city centre. The hotel itself is old, outdated and very, very basic. The room looked like it had never been cleaned, the furniture was stained and old and the bathroom was very dingy and dirty. We definitley did not get value for money.

Room Tip: Pay a little bit extra, stay in the city and do not stay here.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank joejlw
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was disappointed to read that you did not find your stay with us to be satisfactory.

We are working hard to improve the standard of our hotel and a lot of refurbishment is being completed.

I do apologise for that the fact that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels