“Modern, excellent, friendly hotel, although not ideal location”
Review of The Croke Park

The Croke Park
Ranked #7 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Lichfield, United Kingdom
“Modern, excellent, friendly hotel, although not ideal location”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

On first impression as you enter the hotel it is modern, friendly and 4 star rating and this continues throughout the hotel. I could not fault this hotel. The staff are friendly, the rooms are spacious, clean with excellent facilities in the room, incl cd player, mini bar, iron, toiletries, air conditioning, seperate shower, tea making, hairdryer. The rooms are sound proofed and the hotel is in a quiet location (well no games were on at Croke Park when we stopped). We spent 2 nights here and the atmosphere is so lovely in the hotel that we came back early to enjoy our evenings of beer and cocktails (and prices are reasonable, with weekend cocktails only 7euros). There is a large tv screen, cosy sofas and a welcoming modern flame fire.

Breakfast was well presented and plenty of choice and the service was excellent, there must be 1 member of staff to every table, clearing away, constantly topping tea pots and milk pots and refilling toast up when we ran low.

The only downside to this hotel is the location, it isn't in a very nice part of Dublin and first impression was not too good when we walked to the main streets, which are a good 20 minute walk and Temple Row 30 mins away. Taxis are quite expensive, around 10 euros but you might want to consider this as we did not feel very safe walking back at night!

Trip was booked through Travel Republic......bargain for £198 for 2 including flights and 2 nights accommodation and breakfast

Overall - first class hotel, poor location

Room Tip: Rooms on the left overlook the water/train line - only heard a couple of trains and were really quie...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank suzy2305
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Thank you for choosing The Croke Park Hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers. Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I can thus personally assure you that the feedback you have provided us will definitely assist my team in becoming better at what we do

I am also happy to say that there is now also a bus route ( The number #7 bus ) that stops about three minutes from the hotel. This service runs every 10-15 minutes and serves most of the major city centre areas. We hopefully look forward to your return.

russell_hadley@doylecollection.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My partner and I stayed in this hotel in february as a birthday celebration. Everything in the hotel was perfect.

We flew to Dublin and was very easy to get to the hotel (take local buses, cheaper and no need to go to the city center to get to the hotel). We asked for a early check in cause we had to start the journey early in the morning and also as a nice gesture to my partner. When we arrived we got it as we asked. Was very nice touch and we also had a banner saying "Happy Birthday" and some balloons. This are the things that make the hotel special.

We never had dinner or lunch in the restaurant so cannot say anything about it. About the room, everything was perfect. Due to previous jobs I have to say that I always check every single detail, and to be honest, couldn't find anything to complain. The tissue box was set up as a rose which was very nice. I always wondered how long would it take them to make it so perfect.

The reception staff was always smiley and willing to help. We had a little issue upon arrival with our minibar not been replaced from previous guests and they dealed with it in a very professional way. I thing that is what it matters at the end.

The only bad thing I could say is that it is not very close to the city center as I read before arriving to the hotel. Yes, you get to the city center in 10 min, but to the shopping part, not the touristy part. But the service you get mades up for the walking distance.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
I cannot thank you enough for your detailed review. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was in perfect order. It means a great deal to me and the team to read such good reviews.

Please feel free and visit your home away from home at any time!

It would be a pleasure to personally look after any further bookings.

Kildare
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed here for a weekend away in Dublin. Loved every aspect of this hotel. (well except for its location , just a little of the beaten track ie Grafton Street ). Great sized and cosy rooms . Lovely lobby, Very helpfull staff. I recommend it to everybody

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with your fellow travellers.

I was delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay and I will be sharing your kind comments with my team. I know how pleased everyone will be to hear that their efforts to deliver an exceptional experience have been appreciated.

I would like to thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and family and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel again in the near future.

Kind regards

Mayo
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed in this hotel last week for a concert at the O2. The hotel is top quality and has great staff. On arrival we were met by a friendly receptionist who booked us in, there was a porter who offered to take our bags which added to the luxury of the hotel and staff treated us with respect. The room we went for was the superior rooms which were very large and immaculately presented. The bathroom was a very good size and very clean. We could not find any fault with the hotel, it is in a good area and very quiet at night. The rooms are sound proof you really get a good night sleep. The parking was free of charge, the hotel bar was large and had a good atmosphere. We will be back here again that is for sure.

Room Tip: Go for the superior room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
It gave me great pleasure to read your review, thank you so much and I am delighted to hear that we continue to provide a service that you enjoy throughout the hotel. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the rest of my team and I`m sure they will be very appreciative.

I hope that we will be welcoming you back very soon, please let me know if I can help with future reservations or in any other way.

Hull
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband and I went to Dublin and stayed in the Croke Park Hotel to celebrate our Ruby Wedding Anniversary. This was our second visit and once again we were not disappointed, especially as our son had told them about our anniversary and arranged for wine and chocolates to be left in the room, the hotel gave us an upgrade as well, it was lovely.
The room was comfortable and clean, the bathroom had seperate bath and walk-in shower, free internet and tea and coffee. There was no noise from the corridors or adjacent rooms,
We had dinner in the restaurant, excellent service and lovely food. The breakfast had lots of hot and cold food, the sausages were delicious.
Tea, coffee and toast were brought to the table by friendly staff.
O'Connell Street is about twenty minutes walk away, but Temple Bar is nearer thirty minutes, although a taxi is about ten Euros. The hotel is very easy to find when arriving by ferry.

3 Thank rover426
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Congratulations on your Anniversary !