“Family friendly all it needs is a pool”
Review of The Croke Park

The Croke Park
Ranked #5 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Great hotel, we stayed there twice in jan: on arrival to ireland and on departure. The rooms opposite Croke Park are much larger than the back which was too small for a family of five.
Room service was quick food was great, staff in restaurant where friendly, Concierge very helpful, loved the free bottles of water each morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite croke Park
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
CrokePark_Manager, Manager at The Croke Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review on trip advisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your recent experiences with us and please let me know of any future visits to Dublin - I would be only too happy to look after your reservation needs.

Thank you once again and I look forward welcoming you back to The Croke Park Hotel.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

One night stay with breakfast with 3 children, very impressed from the minute we checked in to our leaving next day, rooms spacious and beds most comfortable, very quiet. Staff very helpful and friendly nothing too much trouble for them. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

I cannot thank you enough for your kind review. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was in perfect order. It means a great deal to me and the team to read such good reviews.

Please feel free and visit your home away from home at any time!

It would be a pleasure to personally look after any further bookings.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My wife, her sister and husband and I stayed at the Croke Park Hotel last weekend as a weekend special break. We stayed in the deluxe rooms and all I can say is that the Croke Park Hotel lives up to its Tripadvisor ratings. It was first class, the evening meal and the breakfasts were beautiful, staff were very helpful, the comfort of the bed and the room decor were all faultless. Perhaps not that convenient to the centre of Dublin but don't let that deter you from booking into the Croke Park hotel. I have stayed in the Hilton Kilmainham and the Ashling Hotel and the Croke Park Hotel beats them both - although they were also very good

Room Tip: Book a deluxe room
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing The Croke Park Hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

As is the case with all businesses, the greatest advertising we can aspire to is that of word-of-mouth from satisfied customers. Our guest feedback is very important to the overall running of our hotel and affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel’s facilities and service. I can thus personally assure you that the feedback you have provided us will definitely assist my team in becoming better at what we do

We hopefully look forward to your return.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My daughter and I spent a night in The Croke Park hotel for the mid term break. We got it for a great price and it was worth every penny.I am very fussy but it was spotless. Breakfast was great and they even had soya milk. The only failing the hotel has is the area isnt great, but a 15 minute walk and you are at the bottom of O Connell Street. We didnt get the hot towels or bottled water but at the rate we got it for I didnt mind

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

It’s very kind of you to take the time to share your positive comments with your fellow travellers. I am very happy that you enjoyed your recent experiences with us and please let me know of any future visits to Dublin - I would be only too happy to look after your reservation needs.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

what can i say from the staff disinterest - no one in reception and a queue had formed. when a lady did appear to answer a phone, proceeded to take call, hang up and wander away. A scene which was replicated in the bistro. After 20 minutes waiting for a desert menu i gave up and paid for my main course. it seemed more important for five staff to cluster around and do the exact same job. i assume that if i had the patience i would be waiting yet. There were drunk people wandering up and down the hall outside the rooms knocking on doors and trying to find the other people of there party. i came home needing a day off to recover from 2 hours sleep and a 3 hr drive home. the only positive thing i can say was there was a truly professional man working behind reception. about the only thing professional i found during my stay

Room Tip: dont let them put you on the ground floor or else pack ear plugs
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank i e

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments regarding your recent stay at the Croke Park Hotel. I was most disappointed to learn of the issues you encountered during your stay with us and would gladly welcome the opportunity to discuss these in more detail.

I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me on Russell_hadley@doylecollection.com or on 00 353 1 8714542 to discuss your stay in more detail.

Our aim at The Croke Park Hotel is to consistently ensure that we surpass our guest expectations, but it would seem on this occasion we failed, and for this I sincerely apologise. We strive to provide our guests with memorable luxury experiences, but it appears your stay with us was memorable for the wrong reasons.

I look forward to hopefully being able to personally discuss your stay in more detail.

Warmest Regards