“Average chain hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Average chain hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

This is a good choice if you are using it as a location close to the airport. They have a free shuttle which is convenient for departures. The rooms are average for a Hilton Garden Inn and are clean and well equipped. It is a good value for this type of stay but.... They do not have free WiFi in the rooms as most Hiltons do and the charges for the computers in the lobby are outrageous. 7.50 Euro for 30 minutes. The lobby computers are also located in the main traffic area instead of in a business center like most Hiltons and everyone who walks by has a view of what you are typing. If you need anything, there is a large Tesla shopping center across the street. The restaurant menu is pretty weak and, for Ireland, has a very limited beer selection.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mike R
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Mr Mike R,

First of all thank you for writing a review on us.

I am glad to see that you find the location of the Hotel convenient and you enjoyed our free shuttle bus services.

I have noted your comments about the computers located in the main traffic areas and I have passed your opinion to the Front Office Management for further consideration. I am sorry that you find our beer selection in our Bar limited, I shared this comment with the relevant department as well.

Overall I still hope you enjoyed your stay with and we do hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Dublin Airport.

With warmest regards,

Hilton Dublin Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Polish first
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We were only in Dublin for 2 days, so we asked front desk for a recommendation on a tour to help maximize our time. They set us up with Brian who was absolutely fantastic. He was open to go where ever we wanted or give us some of his favorite routes. We weren’t familiar with all there was to see, so told him to set it up as he desired. We just wanted to spend time outside of the city in addition to inside. We started at Malahide Castle and then into the town of Malahide. We drove along the coast to a fishing village, as well as some other great stop offs for a little history as well as great photo ops. After ~2 hours outside Dublin we headed into the city to hit more of the customary tourist spots of Trinity College, Famine Memorial, Original U2 recording studios, Guinness, etc….all in all we felt we had a wonderful experience getting to see a great deal of Dublin, especially being fortunate enough to have it come from a local perspective. The best part was Brian himself being so much fun with his added stories, sayings, and Irish Charm. We knew we were in for a good tour when we were 5 mins in, and we were informed Irish say “there are no strangers in Ireland…just friends we haven’t met yet.”…….agreed!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Mr Stuart M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor about us and Brian.

I would like to thank your your positive words, please rest assured I will share your comments with Brian, he will be delighted.

I really appreciate your nice feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Kind Regards,

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Are there a lot of restaurants near this hotel? No, it's an airport hotel for goodness sakes.

But, with the buststop right there, you can take the city bus into the city for 2.euro 15 cents, making it a great choice. We stayed in the city center other nights and our last night we stayed here to be by the airport.

I stayed in a room facing the INTERIOR and it was super quiet.
Not as nice as some Hiltons as far as furniture, plushness of beds, but overall a GREAT choice and I'd stay there again.

In fact, if I went back to Dublin, this would be a great hotel from which to expore the city, since the price is half that of city center hotels and the bus made it easy to get into town. The bus was kind of fun anyhow since we got to see the locals in their daily routines.

Room Tip: I loved the rooms overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear AmericanGirl27,

Thank you for your valued feedback on your recent stay.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and you find our location so convenient. As you correctly mentioned in your review there are several buses running (bus nr. 15, 42, 43) from here to the city centre for the cost of 2.15 Euros each ways. I am glad you also enjoyed watching the locals in their daily routines.

Thank you again for your feedback and we do hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back again!

Yours sincerely,
Dublin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Currently staying in the Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel for our final night in Ireland on our honeymoon. As it is our final night we decided to call two days prior to check in to upgrade to a suite. After being transferred twice because the call center representatives seemed uneducated on this procedure, I was given a confirmation number and told I had been upgraded to a suite for an additional 20 Euro. My husband and I were excited to check in to the Hilton suite and see the hotel as Hilton has a strong brand. Upon arrival, we were told by the first front desk attendant that the suites were overbooked and she had no proof of us upgrading. I provided her the confirmation number I received and she said it did not indicate I was upgraded to a suite. Finally, we gave up and went to our room and tried to log on to wi fi. Once we were prompted for a password I contacted the front desk and she indicated that Internet was only complimentary in the public areas. I had also confirmed with the reservation agent on the phone that Internet was free. At this point, I spoke with Joanne at the front desk and explained out situation to her. As a manager in customer service in Canada, I was beyond insulted with her condescending tone. Everyone in Ireland had been so friendly up until this point, I was completely taken aback by her snarky attitude. Rather than trying to de-escalate the situation, she had told me that there was no record of me calling to request an upgrade and continued to argue this fact with me until she finally exclaimed that she will not stand there and be called a liar when I insisted I called, to which I retorted that she was questioning my integrity by doubting me. She finally offered us free Internet in our room for the night (a five euro value that we were told over the phone we'd have anyway).
The Bottom line is that we are not unreasonable people and we understand these things happen, but apologies work better than arguments and the least they could have done was offer vouchers
For the restaurant or something in attempts to make up for the error, rather than deny it.
The hotel is clean and we were able to check in early (the bed is very uncomfortable) however customer service is paramount to us and it is for that reason we are rating the hotel as poor.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear SASteeves,

Thank you for your valued feedback on Tripadvisor. First of all Congratulations on your wedding and wish you both a very happy life together!

I am certainly disappointed that your final night in Ireland on your honeymoon was not all that it could have been. Please let me take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused during your short stay with us. I can assure you that your experience on this occasion is not in keeping with the Hilton standards and I have passed your feedback to the relevant management to ensure similar situations will not repeat in the future.

I welcome your constructive feedback and I am truly sorry that on this occasion the standards which you had come to expect from our property had not been met.

I hope your unsatisfactionary experience has not marred your opinion of the Hilton Dublin Airport in anyway. Please contact me directly when planning your next visit to Dublin and I will be happy to assist you.

Kind Regards and Congratulations again!

Belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed here for 2 night break. Hotel is easy to get too from the Northern Ireland. Just off the M1/N1. Parked the car in the underground car park, which is 5 euro per 24 hours. You can bring your car in and out of the car park within the 24 hours and it is still a total of 5 euro. The hotel is well situated for both the airport and the city centre, it is also across from a local shopping centre which has a Tesco if you need anything before a flight. Checkin was quick and simple and the staff were very friendly.

As we were a famly of 2 adults and 1 child we had a family room. This consisted of 1 king bed and 2 sofa beds. The room was large and very clean. Bottles of water were supplied free of charge, 6 in total for our room. The room had the usual amenities. The room was quite warm, you needed to turn the aircon on to its lowest setting to keep it cooler. The windows in the room don't open so you can't get fresh air coming in to cool down the room. One problem I had with the room was the bed, it squeaked all night long because it was on wooden slots. I spoke to reception about this and they said they are in the process of changing all the beds. Which would make for a better sleep.

Breakfast the next morning consisted of continental style and full irish buffet. The breakfast area was well staffed and clean.

I would definitely stay again if they change the beds.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear redave,

Thank you for taking the time to update the Tripadvisor with your comments on the Hilton Dublin Airport.

I was thrilled to read your comments. I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed the additional amenities, room and find our location convenient.

Many thanks for acknowledging our Team for their friendliness and helpfulness. We do our utmost to ensure quality and guest satisfaction at all times and we very much like to receive positive feedback.

Please rest assured that your comments on the beds has been passed on the relevant department and we are indeed in the process of changing all beds.

We really appreciate your feedback and we are grateful for highlighting areas which you enjoyed at the hotel as well as advising us of those areas which you feel need improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us in the not too distant future and thank you again for your review!

Kind Regards,

Hilton Dublin Airport
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
4.3 km away
#28 of 150 in Dublin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,635 reviews
5.6 km away
Travelodge Dublin Airport South Hotel

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!